Re: More streaming content please!

I'd really like to see an upgrade to allow Pandora on the NS-WBRDVD player. 

We originally purchased a Samsung player that included Netflix, Blockbuster, Pandora and Youtube. The Netflix functionality was lax (only allowed to watch from your queue, no browsing)  We returned it for the Insignia, but we do miss the Pandora.

Hulu would be nice for current telivision programming, or some sort of equivalent if there isa hardware restriction. (?)

Thanks.

George 

Contributor

Hi Nancy.  Thanks for checking in with our community users.   I have a couple of questions that I hope you will answer along with some others that have been posted.

1) As others have already expressed, can you then narrow it down to what IS POSSIBLE based on the technical platform for those players you mentioned.  I see you did not specifically mention Pandora, so is that and other radio streaming services possible on this current crop of BD players?

2) As most of us probably assumed, since other BD vendors already Amazon, Blockbuster, and other services streamed via their BD players, we thought it might just be a matter of time before Insignia provided a firmware update for our players of choice.  Are their services that might be of a similar nature that the community members may not have mentioned that you and your team have in mind that may be of interest to the community that MAY be made available on the current BD players?

I hope we have the opportunity to continue a thriving, lively, and active discussion on the continued course of these BD players: NS-BRDVD3, NS-WBRDVD, NS-BRDVD3-CA, NS-BRHTIB. 

Thanks.

This products is awesome for the price, but I agree it lacks online content. To me the most important are:

* Pandora

* Blockbuster

It would also be nice to see:

* YouTube

* Amazon (On-Demand)

I would most like to either play files off of my computer, or to be able to stream from my computer to this device.

While not perfect, this would fufil many desires to be able to play things like youtube videos, Ted talks etc.

Oh, & blockbuster would be nice too, but playing files (or streaming) straight off my computer has to be the top option as it provides maximum capability & flexability.

Pandora

Hulu

Would love to see lots of choices for getting media. 

NS-WBRDVD Only receives Netflix?

I just biught the new NS-WBDVD player and must say I love it. Wireless is the only way to go. I have one major problem though, where is Hulu, Amazon, YouTube, ....etc. Why would anyone make a player that is only limited yo one internet streaming site. Please, Please, Please fix this with a new firmware update including more streaming sites. Hurry PleaseSmiley Sad
Contributor

Re: NS-WBRDVD Only receives Netflix?

[ Edited ]

Hello Harry,

You've asked the same question that I had. Let's get a firmware update to get more streaming sources. I've pulled the plug on DirectTV after 16 years and I would like some sports and news feeds (preferably all the majors, CNN, FOX News, CNBC).

Don {Edited to comply with Community Guidelines}

Message Edited by John-INSG on 01-22-2010 10:51 AM

Pandora first and foremost!!!! PLZ

It would be a show of good faith and boost new sales 

Pandora is spreading faster than youtube did just my 2 cents

Visitor

Re: More streaming content please!NS-WBRDVD

I agree;  Please add Pandora and Hulu along with netflix.  While you are at the firmware upgrade add the others, Youtube etc.  I'll thank you for your support. 

Thank You,

Jeff

P.S.  I've never heard of "Boxee" being a redneck and all, but if Yogagirl wants it, she should have it. 

Visitor

I fully support Pandora being on this Blu-Ray player. I'm not even currently in the market but if this player at $179.99 standard Best Buy pricing had Pandora AND Netflix - I'd be buying it almost instantly (need a paycheck haha).

Hulu would be a HUGE plus - my girlfriend is obsessed with it and I really love it too.

I don't really care about Amazon Video or the other services - but that's because I don't actually subscribe to any of them - in my mind one of them is good and if you have to chose in order to add pandora or hulu - you already have.

Pandora Pandora Pandora.

I believe what you were trying to say by the way is that you won't be able to update the CURRENT Blu-Ray player to do these features through firmware - which makes perfect sense.

I'd like to see these ideas implimented in the next "Advanced Series" Blu-Ray.

=)