Contributor

Re: More streaming content please!

Netflix offers free trials to just about everybody.  Every DVD player I've ever bought offered a free trial.  This isn't really any different.  Did you not get your free trial?  I don't understand.

What upgrades do you mean?  What player do you have?  Insignia already upgraded most of their current line to stream Netflix.  A few posts back, a representative indicated that yet another streaming service was coming. Are you not enjoying Netflix streaming?

Regular Contributor

Scott-INSG,

I am very impressed with how well wireless streaming Netflix works with the NS-WBRDVD, so your comment about adding services without degrading others is appreciated. Most of the time I forget that I'm watching something being downloaded from the Internet. To be honest, I'm not familiar with some of the services mentioned in this thread, but I look at Youtube all the time on my PC. Streaming music would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.

I'd like to see TVersity support! This would address lots of capabilities (streaming from a PC, streaming from Hulu, etc) all via one feature!

http://tversity.com/support/devices/ 

Contributor

I turned on my NS-WBRDVD last night and my heart leaped as I saw there was a new firmware upgrade ready to download automatically.  After the upgrade I discovered that it was a minor bug fix and no new services were added yet.  It felt like Christmas for a few moments!

I'm sure it will be even more exciting when the new services are added....

Thanks for the continuing efforts at improving and updating the units.

BTW... where can I get a list of what changes were made with the new firmware?

Ken - NM9P

ESPN360.com!

Any news on timing? Last mention was early January, should we expect to see new content soon?
Contributor

Let me add my votes for more streaming content on the NS-WBRDVD, especially:

1) YouTube

2) Pandora

3) Amazon Video on Demand

4) Hulu

5) iTunes

Thanks!

Contributor

Well..

1) Youtube

2) Hulu

3) The WB.com

4) CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox

Contributor

I echo mcrammerstein's question.  When will we see a firmware update that allows more streaming content other than just Netflix?  It has been several months since this thread was started.  The firmware update last week did not add any new features.  Get with it, Insignia!
Contributor

I expect that the service will be Cinema Now.  There were announcements of Best Buy and Cinema Now's partnership late last year.

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/11/03/best-buy-cinemanow/

http://www.cinemanow.com/