Re: More streaming content please!

excellent detective work!

oddly enough, i had never heard of cinema now before, and i don't think anyone in this forum mentioned it as a "must have"...

i am hoping this is not the next option for this player... there doesn't seem to be network connection capacity, so that would eliminate the "buy" option and only leave "rent"...  

That would kind of stink if that was the only option for new content would be a pay only model. Plus with no network attached storage capabilities it would limit the overall user experience.

that is my two cents - ha.

Contributor

I agree.  It would seem to be sign that the company is putting profit above customer satisfaction.

I have already purchased a Roku box for my bedroom because I wanted someof the other services like Pandora and got tired of waiting.  If there are no other online services except pay services coming soon, that will cap my decision on future purchases.  I see that Walmart has the Samsung BD-1590 on sale for $128.  It already has Netflix and Pandora.

Contributor

Insignia moderators I hope you're taking note of these comments and the general dissatisfaction expressed here with the rate of introduction of streaming features.  We came very close to getting the Samsung as well, precisely because it already had Pandora, YouTube, and some of the other features mentioned in other posts.  We went with the Insignia mainly because it was part of a bundle and we did like the fact that the WiFi was already built in.  But you've got to get on the ball here and roll out some more streaming options, and NOT just a pay-as-you-go option such as Cinema Now.
Visitor

DLNA please

I think DLNA Client support should be highest priority while you work on supporting other streaming options in parallel (for those of us who can use a PC as proxy).

1.It will give immediate access to content on your network in a standard way

2.Windows media player has built in DLNA server which is totally free.

3.There are third party DLNA servers like PS3MediaServer (can be used with any DLNA client) and PlayOn. These servers have excellent support for transcoding. This means that content in formats that insignia doesnt support natively becomes instantly available in the supported formats which opens immense possibilities.

4. Playon (http://www.playon.tv/playon) has huge collection of opensource pugins and scripts that literally make it possible to access content from hundreds of streaming sites at no development cost to insignia. Example: Hulu,  cbs, espn, foodnetwork, TVU....

If you have no plans to support DLNA natively, at the very least you could fully implement BDLive spec so that companies like rayinblu.com can fill the gap with an implementaion of DLNA client on top of BDLive. I was hugely dissappointed to know that insignia players are not currently compatible with rayinblu (which was my first hope) because insignia did not implement BD-live functionality fully. (See http://www.rayinblu.com/compatibility-and-limitations).

DLNA compatability in a firmware update would be peachy. Then you could run a windows pc with playon and stream; Amazon, CNN, Hulu, Netflix, Youtube, etc. More with add-ons.

You can already use playon in conjunction with a PS3, 360 or Wii.

Contributor

Pandora and HULU please!

The NS-WBRDVD player is an excellent player and especially for the price.  I purchased one for myself and my Dad just bought one based off my recommendation.  I would ignore the people that are complaining about how it's taking long for new features to be added.  I would encourage you to take the time to get it right versus rushing to get something out the door.  People have no patience these days!  Also, it is a very smart move to actively use this forum to listen to the consumers of your products as well!  I wish more companies did this.  I will continue to buy more of your products if I see results.  Here's my order of preference 1) Hulu 2) Youtube 3) Pandora.  As a software developer I'd be very interested in beta testing any releases as well if you change your mind on that!  

Contributor

I would like to stream more than just Netflix to my brhtib player.  It's on my home network, why not a firmware upgrade to allow me to stream recorded shows, or pictures or downloaded music, etc to it?  Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.  Especially since the firmware upgrade can be easily distributed by automatic download over the internet.

Allow the brhtib to be seen by windows media center.

thank you. 

I'd like to see Pandora, or even better yet Slacker supported on the NS-WBRDVD