Re: Future NS-WBRDVD firmware features...

Yes, I too would like to see more in the lineup for Internet Capable Applications like Youtube, Amazon on Demand, Pandora, Blockbuster, Facebook, Twitter, etc.  Please come out with a Firmware update to handle these other services.  Please...............

NS-WBRDVD

Will Insignia ever add any more web applications to the NS-WBRDVD blu ray player?  It would be nice to get Pandora.

Re: More streaming content please!

Ditto for me.  Agree with following priority:

1) Hulu

2) Pandora

3) YouTube

4) Amazon Video

5) Streaming media from my computer/NAS Drive Media Server

More streaming content is definitely needed.  It is the way to make your product the most popular on the market. In addition to the suggestions already made, please include access to MLB.TV and other sports streams.  
Visitor

Doubt this will ever happen but:

1) Hulu

2) Pandora

3) YouTube

New Firmware update for Youtube

Please provide us a firmware update for Youtube and Amazon . Please
Xr2

Would really appreciate these.

1- Pandora

2- Hulu

Contributor

So, I was reading this product description this morning to see if it had changed or if the price has changed. Check this out...

"This powerful Blu-ray home theater system delivers up to 640W of power for your movies and music. The built-in AM/FM digital tuner with 18 presets (6 AM, 12 FM) allows you to find your favorite station at the touch of a button. 

Get access to great Instant Content on your HDTV through this Home Theater System. Connect to the Internet and you will have instant access to stream movies, listen to music and a wide variety of content through your HDTV "  

This quote is directly from the product description.  Correct me if I am mistaken, but Netflix only has movies or tv episodes to download?  I still want a wide variety of content!  Come on Insignia and Best Buy, bring us the goodies!  I don't believe that it's more difficult than a quick firmware upgrade.  Hook us up!

Visitor

Frankly, I dont think any more streaming content is coming

1. Don't think Insignia has resources or expertise to create anything fancy. Otherwise, they would have done network sharing already. This device looks like a stock br dvd player which is based on Broadcom's reference design and sells with various names in different countires.

2. Unless content providers offer some financial incetive and provide pre-existing solution, there is no incentive here for insignia to offer any of these. Infact, it can get in to trouble if there is no formal agreement.

Contributor

X:

Insignia has already indicated that more services are coming (see previous messages).  In fact, Best Buy is in formal agreements with CinemaNow (google it).  Broadcom, if that's what this player is, supports Netflix® 2.0, Pandora® Internet Radio, Vudu™ and CinemaNow® (per Broadcom website).  It's illogical to say that they can't "create anything fancy" when Insignia already has Netflix and it works fine.

The incentive for Insignia is, of course, more sales.  There's no reason to believe they wouldn't enter in to formal agreements to bring the services, so I don't know why you mention the possibility that they wouldn't.