Insignia Advanced Series Connected Blu-ray Disc Player

by Matthew-INSG on ‎09-23-2009 12:45 PM - last edited on ‎09-24-2009 09:22 AM by Insignia Support

Insignia Advanced Series Connected Blu-ray Disc Player
Best Buy® BlueShirt Joseph Ferraro
Taylor, Michigan

Are you ready to take your home entertainment experience to the next level?  Well, the Insignia Advanced Series Connected Blu-ray Disc Player does just that!

The well-designed player is Wi-Fi enabled for easy connection to your home wireless network.  A USB port allows for music and photo playback and offers extra storage for BD-Live content.  It also features DolbyTrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio to create an exceptional viewing and audio experience.  The upconvert feature allows you to watch your favorite non-Blu-ray DVDs with optimized picture quality and sound.

Built from consumer insight, this blu-ray player has got it all!
Message Edited by Jacob-INSG on 09-24-2009 09:22 AM

Comments
by Insignia Representative
on ‎10-22-2009 10:53 AM

Not only is this player wi-fi enabled but if you have a netflix unlimited subscription you can stream content directly to your home theater...that's pretty cool!

by Insignia Product Engineer
on ‎11-23-2009 01:12 PM
You do not need a Netflix unlimited subscription to stream content.  Any neflix subscription including the single disc rental qualifies.
by Insignia Support
on ‎01-29-2010 02:38 AM
by RickFisher
on ‎02-12-2010 03:13 PM
What other firmware updates are planned?  I'm considering purchasing this blu-ray player due to the netflix streaming.  However, netflix will soon offer free streaming over Wii.  Are there plans to offer connection to you tube, pandora, etc like some other brands do?
by Insignia Support
on ‎02-15-2010 06:03 AM
Hello RickFisher,

We're always looking for new ideas.  Streaming content is being discussed here.  Tell us what streaming services you'd like to see.  We're listening.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support
by absinthmonkey
on ‎04-05-2010 01:52 AM

John-

I have to say, I was allready feeling good about my purchase of my insignia blu-ray player, simply because of it's affordability, netflix capability and easy-to-use interfaces. Now that I know you pay attention to your consumers needs and/or ideas, you folks are on a whole new level for me. Thank you, and keep up the good work!

Now that that bread has been buttered, my suggestion would be to be able to stream Youtube and Hulu as well. (Perhaps the way PlayOn interacts with the Xbox360) Some basic USB keyboard support would be required, but I think that that update in your firmware would be a good way to stay on top of the pile in a world full of consumer electronics designed to generate a profit figure, rather than satisfy it's consumers.

Again, thank you for listening, and keep the goods coming! You have a commited customer for life!

-BG

About Make Your Mark: The Insignia™ Blog
Make Your Mark is a place where Insignia employees share their passion about the products we make and help you get the most out of them. Please contribute; community insight enables us to create high-quality, affordable electronics people enjoy using.