Re: All WiFi plugs (5) out!

Just adding in that mine also stopped working last night .. same as everyone else, I can reset it , connect to it, but when registering to wifi it fails.

I really never anticipated that a down server somewhere would take out these devices  ,  and if thats the case, I fully expect a status page for it.

I've had this thing not even a month.

Visitor

Sutts- Thanks for adding your input. My smart plugs are still flashing and nonfunctional at this time. Going on 24 hours since I noticed the outage. Hoping that all these continuous comments might catch the attention of insignia and help get their server issue resolved sooner than later.

Same as Sutts.... 

mine  (4 of them) also stopped working today .. same as everyone else, I can reset it , connect to it, but when registering to wifi it fails, tells me to reset and try again later...... 

Have uninstalled the app from my phone and reinstalled it..... same issues....  reset  my modem and wifi router....same issues

Appears that it is something on their end - server down, etc.

Been fighting with this for hours now.... GRRRRRR

Having the same problem since yesterday. I have 5 of these devices also. Tried all the steps previously mentioned with same results. No luck. I'm taking all 5 back to Best Buy today. 

Contributor

Rljohn: for sure stay clear of these...Belkin wemo products or Tplink is something i wish i had gone with..too late for me
Contributor

Also, tried this morning to delete 1 plug, reregister...no luck ...failed to register on their end. Pathetic support and, now I'm beginning to think Insignia/best buy lacks the robust technical backend (server infrastructture) to make their products work. Lesson learned with their "house brand"!
Visitor

Woke up this morning and most of my plugs have stopped flashing (left them plugged in overnight). Went into the app, and while some of them were showing the incorrect on/off status, a quick close of the app and a touch of each on/off button in the app seemed to get them back into sync. They all now respond as this did before this whole Saturday outage. Anyone else seen progress like this?

No progress. Still can't get past registering device.

Is insignia tech support open on weekends?
Visitor

It looks like its open daily:

• U.S. and Canada: 1-877-467-4289
  • Daily 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. CT