Re: All WiFi plugs (5) out!

Right now I get:
Registration error
The registration call failed. Please reset your device and try again later.
OK

Is that what others are experiencing?
Visitor

Yes, thats what I was seeing. It's trying to "call" out to the insignia servers, but they are not responding back to finish the registration.

Looks like insignia worked to restore the basic on/off function of the plugs first, but registration of new plugs is still not back up yet. Seeing that they fixed the on/off issue sometime this morning (for mine at least), it's probably just a matter of time now before the registration part is working again too. Thanks everyone for continuing to post their updates!

Contributor

Hey Insignia- when this is all done you need to add a Server Status page, perhaps accessible to only community members. I like the other person's idea too about including that functionality in the app (but won't be of value if app cant communicate). Last look how much time was waisted based on turn your subpar communications?! And for every one person that voiced in this thread, there were hundreds that were equally disappointed. Hopefully they returned their items and learned about the brand!! Subpar = nonexistant. You need to do better.

X2 @ Canuck's comment.

Same here - of my 4, I have 2 that I had reset and 2 I left as-is.  The 2 I reset fail to register now, but the existing 2 are working again. 

Looks like I was able to set mine back up and it is working as it should , hope everyone else has the same luck.
Visitor

I heard back from Insignia support.  Here is the significant part:

-------------------

I understand the importance of getting the best out of our products which is why I will do my best to help you. I spoke with my engineers and they told me that they are already aware of this situation and they are currently working on resolving it. During the night of January the 5th and most of the 6th, our system was under maintenance; Insignia Connect services were unavailable and connections were lost, this is meanwhile we make the necessary changes to the software in order to better fit the needs of our customers. Our team is working hard, releasing new updates every couple of weeks, the next being planned to launch on January 9th on Android, and a few days later on iOS. You will be notified by the app when the time comes and the improved features become available. 

This period of maintenance could have caused some of your devices to go offline or lose it's link to the app, to address the issue accurately please try the following steps: 

- Power Cycle the Smart Plug (Press the little button for 20 seconds). 
- Log out and back in in the App. 
- Uninstall and Re-Install the App. 

------------------

As a result, I logged out and logged back in.  Five minutes later, my devices could be registered.  I have two working.  Six to go.  I hope this helps. 

Visitor

Thanks for posting your response Villa! I can confirm what sutts said as well. I just successfully re registered the two smart plugs that I had reset and now all plugs are fully functional again! Thanks again to everyone for sticking together on this one.

If insignia is watching this thread, a simple smart device status page would save us all a lot of headache in the future! Please!

I received the same response and promptly let them know that a planned maintenance window without letting the end user know , even though they have all of our emails and an app on all of our phones , is unacceptable.
I encourage everyone else to do the same!
Visitor

I set up 3 of 8 smart plugs, then began getting "device not found" messages on the rest of 'em.  Checked with the Insignia Help Desk (which is open until 9:00 PM Central 365 days/yr.)  I was told that this will not be fixed until the Android January 9 Insignia App update.  (I don't know about IOS.  For what it's worth, she did say that she appologizes for the inconvenience on behalf of Insignia. . . .)

I'll be back on it in 48 hours.  I am too stubborn to give up, no matter how obvious it seems that Insignia engineers need some help.