Bluetooth Adapter not working

I like to believe I am somewhat knowledgable in fwe we f we

Re: Bluetooth Adapter not working

Hahah I hit my keyboard trying to get a fly off and accidentally sent it Smiley Happy

Wish there was a way to remove posts...

Anyway:

I have an HP envy laptop

I believe I know a good amount of tech to download a driver/update it and all that, but this product just doesn't like my windows 8.1 laptop. I plugged it in, installed it, installed the drivers (just like the instructions said) and in device manager it has a yellow exclamation sign that says [Error code 10] and [Driver error]. So I uninstalled, restarted laptop, reinstalled to the intructions, restarted laptop again, and it still didnt work. I've tried other drivers, setting it up in different orders, different usb slots, I believe I have tried all I know would work. I've searched for upper filters and lower filters, gone through service.msc and regedit, and manually updating through windows update tool. The bluetooth device and instructions work on my friends laptop which is win10 and is the next years progression of the envy laptop except his naturally comes with bluetooth already, so its hard to say. This does not work on my desktop, although my desktop already has bluetooth in it.

I've been scouring forums and I don't want to return the product since I know that the computer recognizes it and is not a hardware issue.