Re: How do I turn the narration OFF on my Insignia digital converter box???

REAL EASY-- on the homw screen go to Accessability, then audio guide... then check OFF

EASY  ACCESSABILITY ... AUDIO GUIDE ... OFF

This insigma tv sucks i never turn this option on it comes on on its own and i dont know how too get rid of it even the people that try too help you end up solving nothing, overall these insigma tvs are not worth ur purchase 1/10.
Visitor

Re: How do I turn the narration OFF on my Insignia NS-RC4NA-16 remote

This voice over is the most annoying feature. We are so frustrated we have turned the tv to MUTE all the time!  Please help. Like others, the previous instructions either haven't worked or the choices are NOT shown on the screen. hELP!

Visitor

Spent over an hour on phone w/Insignia CSR Tech. He was patient but just as frustrated as I/us @ not being able to get this irritating voice-over to stop.  All da remedies mentioned n other posts plus new ones were tried - to no avail!!!  One partial fix was to push da "CCD" button da remote as da voice over was "talking".  The result was a shorter statement. The voice now announces the channel # and da 1sr 2-3 letters of da Network. No matter if it's a local or cable ch.  Previously, da voice announced da ch, network, show title & time/length of showing.

Finally, da Insignia tech (877.467.4289) advised that this was NOT an Insignia problem, but my cable provider''s problem. I immediately called DIRECTV. You guessed it. Was told it is an Insignia problem

Given there are notes on this very same problem dating from AUGUST 2013 to today on different models/sizes of Insignia TVs AND there are notes from an Insignia rep offering solutions (that hasn't worked) & stating their engineers are trying to resolve this issue (obviously THIS hasn't happened yet)when will Insignia acknowledge there is a serious problem w/their products, there are unsatisfied customers and recall and/or provide rebates to us so we can purchase a product w/o this annoying disturbance???   How long did it take Samsung to recognize there was a problem w/their Note 7's?  What are you waiting on?

BTW: Purchased my 65" DTS Insignia  Flat Screen Model NS-48D42ONA16 Rev A for Xmas December 2015

What do you suggest I do next, Insignia?

Here's what I did, I went to language and installed German, after it installed I wnet back and reinstalled English and the narration went away. I am not sure how long it will last but it is working for me...

I went to language and installed German, after it installed I went back and reinstalled English, narration went away, no sure if it will last but it worked for now!

mjl

On  my remote   Control that came with my cable box I pressed the LANG button.   It says English AC3 and below it says audio track (enm) AC3 and now the narration is gone. Hope this helps. I just got this  TV Iin October,2016 and it just started to do this a few weeks ago. But fixed now. 

Visitor

settings>accessibility>audio guide>✔️off worked for me

Press star 4 times. ****