fridge placement / spacing

Says that I need to leave at least approx 8 inches on each side and the back as well between the walls.  Need around 12 inches from top of unit to the cupboards above.

Is there not an insane amount of room needed?

Insignia Support

Re: fridge placement / spacing

Hello insidethewell,

Welcome to Community@Insignia! I apologize for my tardy reply.

I'll be happy to look into this for you if you will please reply with your TV model number.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

My tv is a sony, so not sure how that would help.
Insignia Support

Hello insidethewell,

I apologize for my error. If you will please reply with your refrigerator model number, I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

NS-RBM10BK8_NS-RBM10WH7_17-0255_WEB_V2_ENG_Final+lr

Also, is there an easier way to pull out the freezer basket?  Because of the groves, have to physically life the intire thing up from the bottom and drag out.  Should the crisper in low humidity mode make my 3lb bag of carrots (otherwise empty) sweat?  The settings dial is on 4.  Would have left it on 3, but the door and top shelf were sitting at over 40 F.

Insignia Support

Hello insidethewell,

I was able to confirm that the recommended free space requirements surrounding your refrigerator are correct.

As regards the other issues you've mentioned, I recommend contacting Insignia Support at 877-467-4289 for assistance troubleshooting to ensure your refrigerator is setup and functioning properly.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

I read the manual. What I want to know is that why is there so much space needed? I have never seen (in real life) a fridge that has that much of a gap in between and above. Why is your product so inferior to all others and really wish I knew before purchase. Then I would have known to not bother. Now I have to have my fridge sitting in the middle of dinning room.