06-08-2010 02:25 PM - edited 07-20-2010 12:10 PM
These are the official Insignia FAQs. Keep in mind that some FAQs may apply to specific models.
If you cannot find a feature mentioned in the FAQs, make sure that feature is available in your product by checking the Product Specifications and User's Manual.
If you would like to request a specific FAQ please leave us a comment in the Suggest an FAQ board.
06-08-2010 02:26 PM
What is a playlist?
Playlists are groups of tracks that Best Buy Digital Music Store will play in sequence. Think of a playlist as a virtual album. Create a playlist for any mood, such as "Cool Jazz" or "Pick Me Up," or for any occasion, such as "Dinner Music for Two." They are also a great way to control what you listen to on your computer, allowing you to mix any combination of songs you want, and then enjoy hours of listening. A playlist doesn't change unless you add or remove items from it.
06-08-2010 02:29 PM
How do I create a playlist with Best Buy Digital Music Store?
You can create an empty playlist and add tracks to it later, or you can create a playlist from the contents of Now Playing.
To create an empty playlist:
1. From the menus, select File > New Playlist, or press [CTRL + N] on your keyboard.
2. An empty playlist titled "New Playlist" will appear in the Playlists area.
(If you create more than one new playlist and do not rename them, the new playlists will be numbered in the Playlists area. For example, "New Playlist2" and "New Playlist3". You can rename playlists at any time.)
3. You can add tracks to the new playlist at any time by dragging and dropping tracks from My Library, Now Playing, or the Music Guide to the playlist name in the Playlists area.
To rename a playlist:
1. Select the playlist name in the Playlists area.
2. Click the playlist name a second time.
3. Type a new name for your playlist.
4. Press [ENTER] on your keyboard.
To create a playlist from the contents of Now Playing:
1. Drag and drop tracks to Now Playing from the Music Guide or My Library.
2. Click Now Playing in the Sources area to view Now Playing in the Display area.
3. Click Save as Playlist at the top-right of the Display area. The new playlist will appear in the Playlists area, where you can rename it and add tracks to it at any time.
06-08-2010 02:31 PM
How do I play a playlist in Best Buy Digital Music Store?
To play a playlist:
1. Click the name of any playlist in the Playlists area to show its contents in the Display area.
2. Click the Play Button the top of the playlist to start playback.
1. Drag and drop any playlist from the Playlists area to Now Playing. Playback will start immediately.
Note: Select Repeat in the Player Controls to play the playlist continually until you choose to stop it. Select Shuffle to play the playlist in random order. Repeat and Shuffle can be used together or separately.
To play a single track in a playlist:
1. Click any playlist name in the Playlists area to view its contents in the Display area.
2. Double-click any track to play it.
Note: Playing a playlist or tracks from a playlist in the Display area will not add the playlist or tracks to Now Playing. To add a playlist to Now Playing, drag the playlist name from the Playlists area to Now Playing in the Sources area. You can drag individual tracks from a playlist in the Display area to Now Playing as well.
06-08-2010 02:33 PM
How do I edit a playlist in Best Buy Digital Music Store?
How do I edit a playlist in Best Buy Digital Music Store?
1. Drag and drop tracks from My Library, Now Playing, or the Music Guide into any playlist name in the Playlists area.
Note: You can even drag existing playlists into other playlists to add them to each other. To add just a part of a playlist into another, click the first playlist name to view it in the Display area and then select and drag the tracks you want into the second playlist name.
To delete tracks in a playlist:
1. Click the name of any playlist to open it in the Display area.
2. Select the tracks you wish to delete from your playlist.
3. Press [DELETE] on your keyboard. (See Menu > Preferences: My Library for deletion options.)
Note: You must be signed in to your account to delete streamed tracks from a playlist.
To change the order of a playlist:
1. Click any playlist name to open it in the Display area.
2. Drag and drop the playlist tracks in the Display area to reorder them.
Note: You cannot directly edit an AutoPlaylist. To edit an AutoPlaylist, right-click the AutoPlaylist name in the Playlists area, and select Edit AutoPlaylist from the right-click menu.
06-08-2010 02:34 PM
How do I delete a playlist in Best Buy Digital Music Store?
To delete a playlist from your collection in the Playlists area:
1. Select a playlist from your collection in the Playlists area.
2. Press [DELETE] on your keyboard. A "Confirm Playlist Deletion" message will appear.
3. Click OK to delete the playlist.
Note: You cannot delete a playlist containing streamed tracks while you are offline. You must sign in to edit or delete those playlists.
06-08-2010 02:35 PM
How do I transfer a playlist to my player?
To manually transfer playlists to a portable device:
1. Attach your portable device to your computer.
2. If you wish, edit your portable device preferences by selecting Tools > Preferences: Devices in the Best Buy Digital Music Store menus.
3. Drag and drop the playlists to your portable device name in the Sources area.
If your portable device supports playlist transfer, the playlists will be transferred as complete playlists. If your portable device does not support playlist transfer, your playlists will be transferred as individual tracks.
If you have the appropriate membership and a compatible portable device, any streamed tracks you drag to your device will be automatically downloaded. If you do not have the appropriate membership, or if any of the tracks are unavailable for download without purchase, the "Purchase" dialog will open.
The progress of your transfer is shown in the bar at the bottom of the Display area. If your device nears capacity, Best Buy Digital Music Store will warn you.
06-08-2010 02:37 PM
When I transfer my playlist my songs transfer unsorted, why is that?
This is because the playlist was not properly transferred. Remember that in order to transfer a playlist a Media Manager (like Best Buy Digital Music Store) must be used and that the player supports playlist transfers (like the Insignia NS-DA and NS-DV series).
You need to verify that the player is set in Media Manager (MTP) mode:
• NS-DA: Go to Menu > Settings > USB Mode and choose Media Manager
• NS-DV: The video player defaults to Media Manager (MTP) mode
After you have created the playlist with Best Buy Digital Music Store, click on the playlist to highlight it, click on the “Transfer to Device” button then click on the Insignia player. Your playlist will be automatically transferred.
You can also “drag and drop” the playlist to the device on the source area to transfer it.
06-08-2010 02:38 PM
Why is my playlist not transferring?
It is possible that the player does not support playlists or that the player is not set to Media Manager (MTP) mode. Make sure your player supports playlist and that the player is set to Media Manager (MTP) mode. Then use your Best Buy Digital Music Store to transfer the playlist.
06-08-2010 02:38 PM
My playlists disappeared. How do I get them back?
The Best Buy Digital Music Store playlist library may become damaged after a reinstall of the Best Buy Digital Music Store, an upgrade to a new version, a failed update, or a connection problem. If your playlists disappeared, your local music library may not be synchronized with Best Buy Digital Music Store's servers.
To correct the issue, resynchronize the software with the server (Refer to the Help section of your Best Buy Digital Music Store for more information), then re-import your tracks.
Note: After you resynchronize Best Buy Digital Music Store, all song and album info will be refreshed to its original state. Any song-related info you added to tracks or albums in your library (such as ratings, changes to track names, etc) will be lost as part of this process.