Insignia CD Boombox with Bluetooth (NS-BBTCD01) FAQ, (14-0820)

[ Edited ]

Usage

Question 1: How do I set a radio station preset?

Question 2: How do I control CD playback?

Question 3: How do I repeat songs when using the CD player?

Question 4: How do I play tracks on a CD in random order?

Question 5: How do I listen to audio from a non-Bluetooth device through my boombox?

Question 6: How do I listen to audio through my boombox with headphones?

Question 7: What can the USB jack on the back of Bluetooth CD Boombox be used for?

Bluetooth

Question 8: How do I pair a device to my boombox?

Question 9: How do I disconnect a paired Bluetooth device from my boombox?

Question 10: How do I re-pair a previously connected device to my boombox?

Question 11: How many paired devices can my boombox remember?

Question 12: Will my boombox automatically connect to the most recently paired device?

Question 13: What should I do if my boombox is not pairing with a Bluetooth device?

Question 14: What is the password for pairing a Bluetooth device to my boombox?

Question 15: What is the Bluetooth range on my boombox?

Question 16: How do I make or receive calls when a phone is paired to my boombox?

Audio

Question 17: What should I do if my boombox is not playing sound?

Question 18: What should I do if my CD will not play?

Question 19: What should I do if my CD skips while it is playing?

Question 20: How do I stop static when playing the radio?

Question 21: Can I connect an external antenna to improve my AM or FM radio reception?

Question 22: What should I do if the sound breaks up or is not loud enough when playing audio?

Question 23: What are the sound modes used for?

Power

Question 24: What do I do if my boombox isn’t turning on?

Question 25: How do I install batteries in my boombox?

Question 26: Can I use my boombox with only batteries?

General

Question 27: What CDs and devices are compatible with my boombox?

Question 28: How many radio stations can my boombox remember?

Question 29: Where can I get more information about the Insignia Bluetooth CD Boombox?

Question 30: Where can I find more information about my warranty?

Question 1: How do I set a radio station preset?

Note: Your boombox can store 10 AM and 10 FM radio station presets.

1. Press the Power-Symbol.jpg (power) button on your boombox.
  2. Press the Source button one or more times until AM or FM appears on the LCD.
  3. Press the Skip-forward.jpg (Tune +) or Skip-back.jpg (Tune –)button to select the radio station you want to preset.
  4. Press and hold the Memory button. P 01 blinks on the LCD. If P 01 has already been assigned to a radio station, the next available preset number appears.
  5. Press the Play Mode/Preset button one or more times to select the preset number (P 01 through P 10) you want to assign to the station.
  6. Press the Memory button to save the radio station preset.

Question 2: How do I control CD playback?

• Press the play-pause.jpg (play/pause) button to pause playback. Playback stops, but the CD continues to spin and the playback time blinks on the LCD. Press this button again to resume playback.
  • Press the Skip-forward.jpg (Tune +) button to go to the next track on the CD. Press and hold this button to fast forward on the CD.
  • If the current track has played more than two seconds, press the Skip-back.jpg (Tune –)button to go to the beginning of the currently playing track. Press Skip-back.jpg (Tune –)again to go to the previous track. If the current track has played for less than two seconds, press Skip-back.jpg (Tune –)to go to the previous track. Press and hold for two seconds to fast reverse on the CD.
  • Press Stop button.jpg (stop) to stop playback before the CD has finished playing. 

Question 3: How do I repeat songs when using the CD player?

To repeat a single track:

1. While a CD is playing, press the Play Mode/Preset button once. “REPEAT” appears on the LCD, and your boombox repeats the currently selected track.
  2. To repeat a different track, press the Skip-forward.jpg (Tune +) or Skip-back.jpg (Tune –) button to select the track you want to repeat.
  3. To cancel repeat mode, press the Play Mode/Preset one or more times until the repeat indicator disappears from the LCD.

To repeat an entire CD:

1. While a CD is playing, press Play Mode/Preset button twice. “ALL” appears on the LCD, and your boombox repeats all the tracks on the CD.
    To cancel repeat mode, press the Play Mode/Preset one or more times until the repeat indicator disappears from the LCD.

Question 4: How do I play tracks on a CD in random order?

1. While a CD is playing, press the Play Mode/Preset button three times. “RANDOM”appears on the LCD, and your boombox plays the CD’s tracks in random order.
  2. To cancel random mode, press the Play Mode/Preset button one or more times until RANDOM disappears from the LCD.

Question 5: How do I listen to audio from a non-Bluetooth device through my boombox?

[ Edited ]
    1. Make sure that your boombox is turned off.
    2. Plug one end of a 3.5 mm audio cable (not included) into the AUX IN jack on the back of your boombox and into the audio out or line out jack on the audio device.

Connect to device with AUX IN.gif
  1. Press the Power-Symbol.jpg (power) button to turn on your boombox, then press Source one or more times until “AUX” appears on the LCD.
  2. Use the controls on the audio device to control playback.
    Note: You can also use the volume controls on the device to adjust the volume, but the volume knob on your boombox provides the best control.

Question 6: How do I listen to audio through my boombox with headphones?

[ Edited ]
  • Plug the headphones into the headphone jack on the top of your boombox.
Connecting Headphones.gif

Question 7: What can the USB jack on the back of Bluetooth CD Boombox be used for?

• You can only use the USB jack to charge a USB device’s battery.
  • You cannot listen to audio from a non-Bluetooth device by connecting it to the USB jack.

Question 8: How do I pair a device to my boombox?

[ Edited ]

Note: Your boombox can store pairing information for eight devices.

1. On your boombox, press the Source button repeatedly until the Bluetooth_icon.gif (Bluetooth) indicator appears on the LCD.
  2. Make sure that your Bluetooth device is turned on and within 33 feet (10 meters) of your boombox.
  3. On your boombox, press the Bluetooth Icon A.gif(Bluetooth pairing) button. Your boombox enters pairing mode, and the Bluetooth LED blinks.
    Note: Your boombox will remain in pairing mode for 30 minutes or until it pairs with a Bluetooth device.
  4. On the Bluetooth device, start pairing mode, then select NS-BBTCD01. See the instructions that came with the device for more information about selecting a device.
  5. If you are asked for a password, enter 0000. When pairing is complete, the Bluetooth LED on your boombox lights solid.

Question 9: How do I disconnect a paired Bluetooth device from my boombox?

• Press and hold the Bluetooth Icon A.gif (Bluetooth pairing) button on your boombox for three seconds. Your boombox disconnects from the Bluetooth device and enters pairing mode again. Once you have disconnected your device using the Bluetooth button, your boombox no longer remembers your Bluetooth device.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth function on the connected Bluetooth device.
  • Move the Bluetooth device more than 33 feet (10 meters) from your radio.
  • Turn off your Bluetooth device.