Question 10: How do I re-pair a previously connected device to my boombox?

[ Edited ]

Note: If you unpair your Bluetooth device using the Bluetooth pairing button on your boombox, the Bluetooth device is no longer remembered and you must pair your device as if it were for the first time. For help with Bluetooth pairing, see Question 8.

1. On your boombox, press the Source button repeatedly until the Bluetooth_icon.gif (Bluetooth) indicator appears on the LCD.
  2. Make sure that the Bluetooth device is turned on and within 33 feet (10 meters) of your boombox.
  3. On your boombox, press the Bluetooth Icon A.gif (Bluetooth pairing) button. Your boombox enters pairing mode and the Bluetooth LED blinks.
    Note: Your boombox will remain in pairing mode for 30 minutes or until it pairs with a Bluetooth device.
  4. On the Bluetooth device, start pairing mode, then select NS-BBTCD01. See the instructions that came with the device for more information about selecting a device. The Bluetooth LED on your boombox lights solid when pairing is complete.
    Note: You do not have to enter a password when re-pairing to a previously connected device.

Question 11: How many paired devices can my boombox remember?

[ Edited ]
  • Your boombox can store information for up to eight devices.
  • If you unpair your Bluetooth device using the Bluetooth pairing button on your boombox, the Bluetooth device is no longer remembered and you must pair your device as if it were for the first time. For help with Bluetooth pairing, see Question 8.

Question 12: Will my boombox automatically connect to the most recently paired device?

• Yes, the devices will automatically re-pair when the Bluetooth device is in Bluetooth mode and within 33 feet (10 meters) of your boombox.

Question 13: What should I do if my boombox is not pairing with a Bluetooth device?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that Bluetooth is selected as the audio source. Press the Source button one or more times until BT appears on the LCD, then press the Bluetooth Icon A.gif (Bluetooth pairing) button.
  • Make sure that the Bluetooth device is turned on.
  • You may not have selected your boombox on the Bluetooth device. Make sure that the Bluetooth device is in pairing mode, then select NS-BBTCD01 on the Bluetooth device. For more information, see the instructions that came with the Bluetooth device.
  • Shorten the distance between your boombox and the Bluetooth device. The maximum distance is 33 feet (10 meters).  However, this distance may be reduced if the wireless signal has to pass through walls or other obstructions.
  • Make sure that your Bluetooth device supports the A2DP or AVRCP Bluetooth protocols. See the User Guide that came with your Bluetooth device for more information. See Question 29 for information about finding your User Guide.

Question 14: What is the password for pairing a Bluetooth device to my boombox?

• If you are asked for a password, enter 0000.

Question 15: What is the Bluetooth range on my boombox?

• The maximum distance is 33 feet (10 meters).  However, this distance may be reduced if the wireless signal has to pass through walls or other obstructions.

Question 16: How do I make or receive calls when a phone is paired to my boombox?

• Yes. When you make or receive a phone call, the boombox pauses audio. When the call is finished, the boombox automatically resumes playback.

Question 17: What should I do if my boombox is not playing sound?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the AC power adapter is connected securely and correctly to your boombox and the power outlet.
  • Make sure that your boombox is turned on.
  • Turn up the volume using the volume control knob.
  • The wrong audio source may be selected. Press Source until you see the correct indicator on the LCD.
  • The batteries may be dead. Replace the batteries with six type C batteries. Make sure that the + and symbols on the batteries align with the + and symbols inside the battery compartment. Do not mix old and new batteries.
  • If you are using a connected device, your audio cable may be damaged. Replace the audio cable. If the problem stops, the cause was the original audio cable.
  • If using Bluetooth, shorten the distance between your boombox and the Bluetooth device and try re-pairing your device. The maximum distance is 33 feet (10 meters). However, this distance may be reduced if the wireless signal has to pass through walls or other obstructions.
  • Disconnect your headphones. Sound will not play through the boombox speakers when headphones are connected.
  • For help with Bluetooth pairing, see Question 8.
  • If you are trying to play a CD, see Question 18.

Question 18: What should I do if my CD will not play?

• Make sure that the CD is correctly inserted with the label facing up.
  • Make sure that the correct audio source is selected. Press Source repeatedly until CD appears on the LCD.
  • Clean the CD by wiping outwards from the center (not in a circle) with a clean cloth. If a dry cloth does not clean the CD, wipe the CD with a slightly moistened, soft cloth, then dry it with a soft cloth. Do not use any solvents to clean CDs.
  • Make sure that your CD is compatible. Your boombox can play CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs.
  • Your CD may be damaged. Try playing another CD.

Question 19: What should I do if my CD skips while it is playing?

• Make sure that you do not move your boombox while it is playing and that it is positioned on a flat, steady surface.
  • Clean the CD by wiping outwards from the center (not in a circle) with a clean cloth. If a dry cloth does not clean the CD, wipe the CD with a slightly moistened, soft cloth, then dry it with a soft cloth. Do not use any solvents to clean CDs.
  • Your CD may be damaged. Try playing another CD.