Question 20: How do I stop static when playing the radio?

• Make sure that the FM antenna is fully extended and adjust its position to get the best reception.
  • Move your boombox to a different location to get the best reception.
  • The station signal may be weak. Try listening to another station.

Question 21: Can I connect an external antenna to improve my AM or FM radio reception?

• No. The boombox is not compatible with additional antennas.

Question 22: What should I do if the sound breaks up or is not loud enough when playing audio?

[ Edited ]
  • If you are listening to a CD, see Question 19.
  • If you are listening to the radio, see Question 20.
  • Turn up the volume on your boombox, connected device, or Bluetooth device.
  • Connect your boombox to a different audio source to see if the problem continues. If the problem stops, the problem may be with the original device.
  • If using a connected device, your audio cable may be damaged. Replace the audio cable, if the problem stops, the cause was the original audio cable.
  • If using Bluetooth, move your boombox and the paired device closer together. The maximum distance is 33 feet (10 meters). However, this distance may be reduced if the signal has to pass through walls or other obstructions.
  • If you are using Bluetooth, other devices, such as cordless phones or microwaves, may cause interference. Try turning one device off at a time to determine which device is causing interference.

Question 23: What are the sound modes used for?

• You can select a sound mode to automatically adjust the sound for the type of music you are playing. To select the sound mode, press the Sound button repeatedly until the sound mode you want appears on the LCD. You can select JAZZ, POP, CLASSIC, ROCK, or FLAT.

Question 24: What do I do if my boombox is not turning on?

• Make sure that the power adapter is connected securely and correctly into the DC IN jack on the back of your boombox.
  • Make sure that the power adapter is connected securely and correctly to a working power outlet.
  • Your batteries may be dead. Replace the batteries with six type C batteries. Make sure that the ­+ and symbols on the batteries align with the + and symbols inside the battery compartment.
    Caution: Do not mix different types of batteries together (for example, alkaline, rechargeable or carbon zinc).

Question 25: How do I install batteries in my boombox?

[ Edited ]
  1. Turn your boombox over so the bottom is facing up, then press down on OPEN ▼ and slide the battery compartment cover off the battery compartment.
  2. Insert six type C batteries (not included) into the battery compartment. Make sure that the + and symbols on the batteries align with the + and symbols inside the battery compartment.
  3. NEW_BATTERYGRAPHIC_2.PNG
  4. Insert the tabs on the battery compartment cover into the slots on the battery compartment, then slide the cover into place. Set your boombox upright.

Question 26: Can I use my boombox with only batteries?

• Yes, your boombox can operate using only batteries. When the power adapter is connected to a power outlet, your boombox does not use power from the batteries.

Question 27: What CDs and devices are compatible with my boombox?

• Your boombox can play CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs.
  • Your boombox can stream music from paired devices such as smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and audio devices with the Bluetooth protocols A2DP and AVRCP. See the User Guide that came with your Bluetooth device for more information.
  • Do not try to play DVDs, VCDs, or data CDs in your boombox. You may damage your boombox.

Question 28: How many radio stations can my boombox remember?

[ Edited ]
  • Your boombox can store information for 10 FM stations and 10 AM stations. For information on setting radio station presets, see Question 1

Question 29: Where can I get more information about the Insignia Bluetooth CD Boombox?

[ Edited ]
  • Refer to your User Guide. Go to the Insignia website (www.insigniaproducts.com), search for your model number (NS-BBTCD01), then press ENTER.