Visitor

Insignia™ - Voice™ Smart Portable Bluetooth Speaker with the Google Assistant won't stay powered on

I puchased the Insignia™ - Voice™ Smart Portable Bluetooth Speaker with the Google Assistant built in - Gray/Black (NS-CSPGASP2) on Cyber Monday, brought it home, plugged it in and had it set-up and configured within a few minutes. It has been working flawlessly until today. This morning, when I asked "Hey Google, what is the temperature?", I got no response. I noted that the unit was powered off, so I powered it back on. Once powered up, I was able to interact with the Google Assistant however I noticed that the time display was flashing and after a few minutes the unit powered itself off again. Does this indicate a defective unit and I should return it for a working one or are there some steps that I can follow to alleviate this problem?

Insignia Support

Re: Insignia™ - Voice™ Smart Portable Bluetooth Speaker with the Google Assistant won't stay powe...

Hello JCL001,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

Given what you've described, I would recommend returning the product to the retailer for an exchange. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Insignia™ - Voice™ Smart Portable Bluetooth Speaker with the Google Assistant won't stay powe...

Hi John-

Thank you for your timely response. I was able to exchange the unit at my local Best Buy for a new one.

For what it is worth,  I should add that the unit was always plugged in from the time it was initially set-up and configured until the day it malfunctioned. Even after a factory reset, it exhibited the same behavior (power on, flashing display for six seconds and power off automaticaly).

I mention this because I also posted in the Questions and Answers for Portable Audio area on the Best Buy website. One of your colleagues with Insignia support ( Gaby R. )  suggested that a flashing display is indicative of the internal battery being less than 20% charged and this being the case I should plug the unit in in order to recharge it.

In fairness to Gaby, I am limited as to the number of characters that I am able to input for my posting of a question on the Best Buy website. Therefore I had to be very terse in describing the problem I was having, so given the information I could provide, I can understand her response. I think we can both agree, that wasn't the solution to my problem.  If the battery was indeed causing the issue, then I suspect either the wall wart was defective and unable to charge the battery or the battery itself was defective and not able to hold a charge.

I am hopeful that the replacement Voice Smart Bluetooth Speaker will be defect free.

Thanks again for your support.