Visitor

Insignia™ - Voice™ Smart Portable Bluetooth Speaker wont change display time

Hello All,

I recently got the Smart Bluetooth speaker with Google Assistant built in. I completed the setup via. the Google Home app but it seems to display the timezone in EST and I am unable to change it to my current timezone (IST)

When I ask it what time it is - it tells me the correct one - Not the incorrect displayed one (EST).

Troubleshooting Steps Completed - 

1.) Reset the speaker - I reset the speaker multiple times and tried selecting location in the Google Home app - but it doesn't change. Tried both resets (pin hole as well as hold power button for ~12 secs).

2.) Change location in App - I tried changing the device location in app to various places and yet it doesn't change display. Tried it after multiple resets as well.

3.) Wi-Fi Router TimeZone - I also tried changing the Wifi Router timezone assuming it might be getting the initial data from there but that didn't fix it either.

I am able to use the alarm and it responds in the correct timezone (IST) but its only the display that is stuck in EST.

System FW Version - 306

Cast FW Version - 1.28.101871

Country Code: US

Please advise if there is anything I can do to change the timezone or the country code.

Thank you

- Zeesh.

Insignia Support

Re: Insignia™ - Voice™ Smart Portable Bluetooth Speaker wont change display time

Greetings Zeesh,

Thanks for joining our community to share you’re having some issues with the time zone on your Insignia Voice Speaker. I’d be happy to share some troubleshooting advice with you.

Can you please reset your speaker? You should be able to this by pressing and holding the Power/Mic ON/OFF button on the back of the speaker for more than 12 seconds or until the lights are orange and the display should say SET. Then set the Time Zone on Your Phone/Tablet manually, toggle between different time zones. (i.e. ET to PT). You’ll also want to set the home and work locations for the unit you can do this by following the directions below:

Open the Google Home app on iOS or Android device.

Tap the hamburger button (3 horizontal lines) in the top left corner of the Google Home app.

- Select … More settings.

- Scroll and select Personal info under Google Account settings.

- Tap Home & Work locations.

- Enter the Home address and tap OK.

*Optional: enter the Work address and tap OK.

Please let me know if that doesn’t resolve the issue present!

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Re: Insignia™ - Voice™ Smart Portable Bluetooth Speaker wont change display time

Hello Maria - 

I have tried resetting it however I do not see the screen where I can toggle between timezones.
I do see the option to select device location  - which I tried changing to no avail.

Both Home and Work locations have been set but that does not help either.

Can you assist in showing me where/on which screen I can toggle the timezone during setup? (Screenshots would be really helpful).

Thank you

- Zeesh.

Highlighted
Insignia Support

Hello Zeesh,

You should be able to access the different time zones by using the following steps:

For iOS:

Settings>General>Date & Time>Turn off “Set automatically”

Settings>General>Date & Time>Time Zone> Try a different time zone.

Settings>General>Language & Region>Region

For Android:

Settings>Date and time>Turn off “Set Automatic”

Settings>Date and time>Select time zone>Try a different time zone.

Settings>Date and time>Try ON/OFF for 24-hour format

Please let us know if you’re continuing to have an issue, and we’d be happy to make recommendations to further assist you.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia ™ Support