NS-CAHBTOE01 turn off when charging

I bought the NS-CAHBTOE01 headphones for my great-aunt who is bed ridden in a home. I bought a long 10' USB cable and a plug-in USB charging power source. Since she would have difficulty plugging/unplugging the USB cable to recharge, I thought I could keep them plugged into the USB power source continuously. However, when the USB cable is connected to charge, the headphones turn off and won't function. As soon as I disconnect the charging cable, I can turn them back on and they work fine.

Is there a way to keep these headphones connected to continuous power?

Insignia Support

Re: NS-CAHBTOE01 turn off when charging

Good Morning rsprik,

Buying your great-aunt a pair of headphones is very sweet of you! It’s discouraging to learn that the NS-CAHBTOE01 you had purchased aren’t working as initially expected. I’d be happy to help you answer your question for you.

To prevent from overcharging the headphones they’re not able to be used while plugged in, and does show a green light when fully charged. I’m sorry that the headphones are unable to be plugged in continuously as you had hoped. A full charge should last 18 hours. Let us know if you have any other questions. We’d be happy to help you answer them.  

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia ™ Support