Issues Connecting New Insignia™ - 13.8 Cu. Ft. Upright Wi-Fi Convertible Freezer/Refrigerator

I just purchased a Insignia Convertible Freezer/Refrigerator (Model NS-UZ14XWH7) and I'm having a very difficult time connecting the appliance to Wi-Fi. I've tried to use two different iPhones to no avail. With my iPhone 6s, I first get this error message:

IMG_7724.PNG

Despite this error message, it allows me to continue with the setup. After I am able to connect my phone to the Insignia device, it labors connecting to my wireless network, eventually failing and giving me this error message:

IMG_7723.PNG

It shouldn't be an issue of proximity to my router, as I have other IoT devices in the same location that have no trouble connecting to my wireless network.

After trying this several more times with my phone, I decided to try my wife's iPhone 7. The setup flow is slightly different on her device but it progresses nicely regardless of this fact. Eventually I get to the following page (which seems promising): 

IMG_4226.jpeg

The problem here is that the blue "Continue" buttom on the bottom of the screen does nothing. I click it, the "Continue" text turns grey for a short moment and then nothing happens.

Please help! I purchased this appliance specifically because of the Wi-Fi functionality. Without that, I might as well have purchased another appliance. Thank you.

Insignia Support

Re: Issues Connecting New Insignia™ - 13.8 Cu. Ft. Upright Wi-Fi Convertible Freezer/Refrigerator

Hello dtkasper,

Welcome to our community! It’s disappointing to hear that you’re having some issues getting your Freezer/Refrigerator synced to the CONNECT application. I understand that can be truly frustrating. I’d be happy to see how I might be able to assist you.

Can you please try the following troubleshooting steps/tips to see if they resolve the issues you’re experiencing?

-Log out of the Best Buy account associated with your CONNECT application, and log back in. Please ensure you’re the only one currently logged in.

-Uninstall & Re-install Insignia CONNECT application.

-Double check your router is configured at a 2.4 GHz band with a security setting of WP-PSK.

I do know there is a known issue for Apple users on their newest firmware. You can review the troubleshooting steps listed here for iOS 11.3 here. Please note the article is aimed at customer’s struggling to connect an Insignia Plug, but they may also work with your Upright Wi-Fi Convertible Freezer/Refrigerator. Let us know if none of these steps resolve the issue, and we’d be happy to escalate your concerns to our support teams for further review.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Highlighted

Re: Issues Connecting New Insignia™ - 13.8 Cu. Ft. Upright Wi-Fi Convertible Freezer/Refrigerator

You can also follow the solution here for the issue around tapping Continue and nothing happening: http://community.insigniaproducts.com/t5/Tutorials-and-FAQs/Solution-for-getting-stuck-when-joining-...

Unfortunately, sometimes working within the iOS WiFi stack leads to  problems where data gets stuck.