Setup complete but camera shows offline

Camera will not show as online in app. Wi-Fi setup successful. Did factory reset and have the same result.
Insignia Support

Re: Setup complete but camera shows offline

Hello Bsteadman,

Welcome to the Insignia Community! I appreciate the time you’ve take share that you’ve tried the troubleshooting steps, but are still getting an error. I’d be happy to share a troubleshooting tip with you.

Occasionally this issue pops up, and should be easily remedied by exiting the camera using the arrow in the top left hand corner of the app. Then upon selecting the camera again it should clear the error you’re seeing. Please let me know if doesn’t work for you!

Kindly,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

I have the same issue. I have tried the method mentioned and it has not fixed the glitch. The camera still says it is offline even after I exit and reenter the camera.

Hi Insignia team,
I have same issue, camera apparently is offline but set up was successfully. Please need support!
Insignia Support

Hello all,

I'd like to get this information to our engineers so they can look into it for you. Would you please reply to this message and confirm the model number of your camera?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

John
Insignia Support

I got a camera around December 2017...seemed to work ok and then it started showing offline. I tried everything. So yesterday I went and bought a new camera and it’s doing the same thing.

Camera 1
Model NS-CH1/PCB

Camera 2
Model NS-CH1/PCB

I am having the same problem as above. I have done a couple factory resets and though the camera says it connects, and it has a solid blue light, the app shows it is disconnected. I have tried backing out but it does not help. I have the NS-CH1IPC8
Insignia Support

Morning crbinga,

Thanks for joining our community to share that you’re having some issues with your Insignia Connect Camera. I understand it can certainly be an issue that the application is sharing your camera is offline. I’m sorry to hear that backing out troubleshooting didn’t work for you.

Can you please try the following troubleshooting steps? I know that you may have tried a few of them, but hopefully by trying again it could resolve the issue.

- Reset the camera by pressing the reset button located on the back below the SD card slot. To reset it, the blue light on the camera needs to be flashing and when reset is accomplished, the camera will say "Reset Successful"

-Log out of your Best Buy account on all your devices. If your account is associated on other phones, make sure all accounts on all phones are logged out.

- When setting it up, try creating a new location inside the app.

-Uninstall and Re-install the Insignia CONNECT application.

- Make sure your router is configured at a 2.4 GHz band or has the capability of dual bandwidth.

-Is there a strong Wi-Fi signal where the Wi-Fi camera is being setup?

-Is your router security setting is set on WPA-PSK? Sometimes changing your router password can remedy the issues you’re experiencing.

-Reset your router to see if that resolve the issues present.

Please let me know if the troubleshooting tips I’ve listed above still don’t resolve the issues you’re having, and I’d be happy to loop in our troubleshooting teams to see if they can replicate the issue or offer any other suggestions.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Highlighted

Hi this is Chris from the Engineering Team.  We are looking into the off-line issue at the moment.  Can you let me know if you are using an Android or iOS device?

Thanks,

Chris