Insignia Support

Re: Help

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your patience on this matter! I’ve escalated this error to our engineers for some more insight. They’re in the process of looking into the root cause. We’d be happy to share more information of possible solutions once that information is available. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia ™ Support

Insignia Support

Re: Smart plug install error

Good Morning Cyndy and Arthurlaporta,

Thank you so much for your patience on this matter! I’ve escalated this error to our engineers for some more insight. They’re in the process of looking into the root cause as our typical troubleshooting processes aren’t working. We’d be happy to share more information of any possible solutions once they’re available. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia ™ Support

Thank you, Mariah. At this point none of my 05 smart plugs are working since I deleted them in order to refresh and try to bring them back up...I’m getting this error for all 05 plugs - I am pretty sure it is an issue with the APP...which by the way needs a lot improvement. I’m thinking of returning all 05 plugs to Best Buy and change brand into something else similar. Good product, it was working fine - but the App SUCKS! Thank you, and please advise asap.
Insignia Support

Hello all,

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this for you. It's my understanding the app should be updated soon to correct this problem, but in the interim, please follow these steps:

• Follow the setup process in our app as normal
  • After going to settings and selecting the Insignia device’s WiFi, you will receive the “Error Opening Page” message about a hotspot login. Press OK to dismiss error
  • Press Done to dismiss the Insignia device’s popup page
  • Switch to Safari
  • Open a new tab if needed
  • Type in the following URL: bbyinsignia-iot://wifi_setup
  • You should be prompted with ‘Open this page in “Insignia”?’ Tap the ‘Open’ button
  • This should bring you back into Insignia Connect to finish the setup process

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes for you.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

Works up to the last step listed above. However when you click the Connect button after you select the WiFi and enter the password to the WiFi in the App you have to select connect/continue button and it does nothing. You are getting closer.
Insignia Support

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your patience on this this matter. After working with our engineers they’ve decided to implement the follow fix for this issue until the app is updated in a couple of weeks. Please let us know if you’re having issues with the temporary troubleshooting fix noted below.

-Follow the setup process in our app as normal.

-In the settings please select the insignia device’s Wi-Fi, you will receive the “Error Opening Page” error about a hotspot login. Press “OK” to dismiss error.

-Press the “Done” to dismiss the Insignia device’s popup page.

- Switch to safari. Open a new tab if needed.

-Type in the following url: bbyinsignia-iot://wifi_setup

-You’ll be prompted with a ‘Open this page in “Insignia”?’ – tap the “Open” button.

-This should bring the user back into Insignia Connect to finish the setup process.

Kindly,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Highlighted
Insignia Support

Morning Mcdonal75,

Thank you for sharing that the fix isn’t working quite as expected for you. I’ve shared the same troubleshooting steps with the other open thread as well. It’s my hope that some of our other friends here also try these steps to see if they get the same result. Please note I’ve also escalated your feedback back to the correct business team for further review. We’d be happy to share if they have any other suggestions for you to try.

Kindly,

Mariah

Insignia ™ Support

Well, I went to Best Buy and managed to return only 2 of my 5 Insignia smart plugs, because they were purchased on December 2016 and Best Buy didn’t want to accept a return. So, since I have no patience to wait your engineers to fix your terrible app, I have ordered and received the Tan Tan Smart Plug - their app Smart Life is a billion times easier and more intuitive than Insignia’s. The set up was extremely fast and easy and the integration with Google Home took a few minutes. At my command, the lights turn on immediately (Insignia’s had a big delay sometimes). Please ask your team to look into Tan Tan (Smart Life app) and urgently do something to fix this issue (yes, now I have 3 Insignia Smart plugs just seating in my closet with no use). This is why some companies close doors and go out of business - please hear your customers and act fast. Competitors are out there, doing a good job. Good luck.

Hi Mcdonal75,

Sorry to hear that you are still having issues. We may have a solution for you. Please refer to this new article that addresses the problem: http://community.insigniaproducts.com/t5/Tutorials-and-FAQs/Solution-for-iOS11-3-users-who-are-havin...

Let us know how it goes.

Insignia Support

Good Afternoon Friends,

Thank you so much for your patience, and feedback so we could fully understand this issue. Please review the new knowledge based article that Emir-INSG posted that I’ve accepted as the solution to this issue. You can review his article here. If you’re still experiencing any problems with this particular error please don’t hesitate to let us know. We’re happy to continue assisting you!

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia ™ Support