INSIGNIA WiFi Smart Plug - Registration Call Failed

I just purchased INSIGNIA WiFi Smart Plug and am trying to install it.  It guides me through the steps of detecting and finds the switch. I make it through the process to "Setting Up Device."  This process has failed each time.I've purchased 2  plugs, none of them are working. It says Registration Call Failed. How to get this issue resolved?

Insignia Support

Re: INSIGNIA WiFi Smart Plug - Registration Call Failed

Greetings KishoreIDC,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and for joining our forum community. It’s disappointing to hear that you’re having some issues connecting your Smart Plugs, and you’re getting a Registration Call Failed error. I’d be happy to provide you some troubleshooting tips.

Can you please confirm which model of our Smart Plug you purchased? I’d be happy to recommend the proper power cycling steps for you in addition to the troubleshooting I’ve already noted below.

1-Log out of the Best Buy account on the customer's phone and log back in. If the customer has their account associated on other phones, make sure all accounts on all phones are logged out.

2- Uninstall and Re-install the Insignia CONNECT application.

3- Make sure that the router is configured at a 2.4 GHz band or has the capability of dual bandwidth.

4- Ensure that you’re very close to the switch as possible.

5- Ensure there is a strong Wi-Fi signal where the switch is being setup.

6- Make sure your router security setting is set on WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK; changing the password sometimes works to get the switch installed.

7- As a last resort resetting your router may help.

I look forward to your reply with the model number so I can continue to see how I may be able to assist you further!

Insignia Support