Insignia switch compatabilty with other apps

Is it possible to control the switch in other apps such as Philip's Hue or smart life so I can group it and control it with other devices in one android app?

I can only control this switch in the insignia connect app. It is not convenient at all to have to open a separate app to control this one switch.
Insignia Support

Re: Insignia switch compatabilty with other apps

Good Morning Grek929,

Thanks for taking the time out of you day to share your question with us. Using more than one application can certainly be frustrating. I’d be delighted to see how I can help you further.

You should be able to set up an automation series using IFTTT (If This Then That) which can allow you to use another Application like Hues, Apple, Google, or Alexa home automations to speak to the Insignia Plug. I highly recommend checking out their website to see how they can help you make the integration of your new SMART Plug a little better.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia ™ Support

Can you give me an example on how I can accomplish that? I can trigger my harmony and hue through ifttt but there is no way to trigger my insignia light switch.

Are you saying you need IFTTT for this to connect to amazon and HomeKit? I can get this working in the app but not able discover in Alexa / home kit. I enabled it in Alexa and still a no go. What else is there to try as I have multiple device on Alexa that I was able to discover
Highlighted
Insignia Support

Hello Grek929,

Thanks for getting back me! Upon double checking it appears that “then” and “that” automations have been removed from IFTTT. I apologize for not double checking prior to making that recommendation for you. I did some digging on some other communities with automation specific boards, and believe I may have found a resolution for you.

The poster shared that they synced a particular room with the Philips Hue app which still worked for them even though no Hues were present in the room to control their Insignia light switches. Their if this then statement was “tell google home it’s shower time, she will turn on the whole room master bath, through Philips Hue.” Maybe syncing the rooms with your Philips Hue app will get you closer to what you’re looking for.

Thanks,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support