Light Switches Not Working

Hello,

I have been using the Insignia smart light switches throughout my house for quite a few months now. They generally have been very responsive and work well with both Apple HomeKit and Alexa. Today, I noticed that all of my switches are no longer responsive through Alexa. However, they are all still working through HomeKit. I was wondering if there is something going on with the Insignia servers (maintenance?) that has the Alexa connection offline. 

Re: Light Switches Not Working

For additional clarity, the exact model is NS-CH1XIS8 and I have 8 of them in my house. 

Insignia Support

Hello jarfgames,

Thanks for posting to our community to let us know your Insignia Light Switches aren’t working with Alexa at this time. I understand that can be very frustrating since they’ve worked just fine before. I’d be happy to see if I provide some further troubleshooting advice for you.

Can you please try these troubleshooting steps to see if you can get them to reconnect with Alexa?

-Reset the plug by pressing the button below the switch. Ensure that the button is pressed around 30 seconds to a minute until it clicks.

-You can also do a hard reset, with a secondary reset button on the switch located below the cover on the bottom left corner. The customer will need a pin to press it.

-Can you please try to log out of your Insignia CONNECT App on all your devices, and ensure you’re only logged into it one device? 

-Uninstall and Re-install the Insignia CONNECT application. This will ensure that you have the latest Insignia CONNECT App downloaded.

-Is your router configured at a 2.4 GHz band or has the capability of dual bandwidth?

- Is your router security setting is set on WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK?

Please let me know if those troubleshooting steps don’t resolve the issues you’re experiencing, and I’d be happy to see how we might be able to help you further.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Hello,

They appear to be working again. I did not have to change anything. Will keep an eye on things to see if they continue to work and/or experience lag when using Alexa.
Highlighted
Insignia Support

jarfgames,

Sounds good! We’re always happy to see how we may be help if you experience any further issues in the future with your switches, or if you have additional questions about the Insignia Connect App.

Kindly,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support