WiFi Smart In Wall Switch Setup

I just purchased light switch NS-CH1XIS8 and am trying to install it.  It guides me through the steps of detecting and finds the switch. I make it through the porcess to "Setting Up Device."  This process has failed each time.  I have tried reseting the app and then deleting and re-installing it.  What else can I try to set up the switch.  I know that it is actually working because it will let me turn the light on and off with the switch itself, but can't set it up.  I've purchased 5 other switches but don't plan on going through the process until I can ferify that this will work.

Insignia Support

Re: WiFi Smart In Wall Switch Setup

Hello astull71,

Welcome to the Insignia Support Online Forum Community! Thank you for choosing some Insignia Smart Switches at your local Best Buy. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having some issues getting everything connected. I understand that can be frustrating.

Can you please share which exact set-up step you’re getting hung up on? I’d be happy to see if I can help you troubleshoot your issue. Often times issues with the NS-CH1XIS8 can be resolved with the following suggestions.

1- Reset the plug by pressing the button below the switch. Ensure that the button is pressed around 30 seconds to a minute until it clicks.

2- You can also do a hard reset, with a secondary reset button on the switch located below the cover on the bottom left corner. You’ll need a pin to press it.

3- Log out of the Best Buy account on the customer's phone and log back in. If the customer has their account associated on other phones, make sure all accounts on all phones are logged out.

4- Uninstall and Re-install the Insignia CONNECT application.

5- Make sure that the router is configured at a 2.4 GHz band or has the capability of dual bandwidth.

6- Ensure that you’re very close to the switch as possible.

7- Ensure there is a strong Wi-Fi signal where the switch is being setup.

8- Make sure your router security setting is set on WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK; changing the password sometimes works to get the switch installed.

9- As a last resort resetting your router may help.

Please let me know if those troubleshooting steps don’t resolve the issue you’re experiencing!

Insignia Support