Insignia Support

Insignia™ 19" Class / 720p / 60Hz / LCD HDTV DVD Combo (NS-LTDVD19-09) FAQ

[ Edited ]

These are the official Insignia FAQs. Keep in mind that some FAQs may apply to specific models.

If you cannot find a feature mentioned in the FAQs, make sure that feature is available in your product by checking the Product Specifications and User's Manual by clicking the Supports / Downloads tab here.

If you would like to request a specific FAQ please leave us a comment in the Suggest an FAQ board.

FAQs:

The DVD player doesn’t work.

The DVD player won’t play some DVDs.

How do I set up my channels or run an autochannel search?

How do I install my base/TV stand?

How do I hook up my external device (e.g., game system, DVD player, VCR, etc.)?

I am programming my universal remote, what code is needed?

I am receiving the error message “No Signal.”

How do I program my clock/time?

I have no sound or my sound has static noise.

I am missing channels.

I have an image issue (e.g., stripe on the screen, blue lines/dots, red line, etc.).

Nothing happens when I push buttons on my remote.

How do I set up my TV?

My TV is not functioning at all (i.e., will not turn on using remote or button on TV, LED flashing).

I am trying to connect my computer and I have poor picture quality.

I am trying to connect my computer and I am receiving the error message “Unsupported Mode.”

My picture is not filling the screen. I have black bars around my picture.

Where can I get more information on digital TV?

Where can I get another copy of my manual?

I have sound but no picture.

I have poor picture quality.

Insignia Support

• Is the disc loading properly?
• Is there an error message appearing on the TV screen?
  - If the error message says, “Cannot read disc” – the datatype on the DVD may not be compatible with the player.
  - Try playing another DVD.
    • If neither of the DVDs work, return this TV/DVD combo to the store.
• Is the disc inserted correctly?
  - The label should face the front of the TV.

Insignia Support

• This DVD player has a region code in its firmware. It is set to play Region 1 DVDs.
  - Most DVDs are encoded with a region code restricting the area of the world in which they can be played. For the United States and Canada, you must have Region 1 DVDs.
  - The code is printed on the back of a DVD package, superimposed on a small image of the globe.
  - The DVD player firmware code and the DVD code must match for the player to play the movie.
• If you are trying to play a burned DVD, it is possible that the burned disc is not compatible with the DVD player.
  - The DVD player supports the following recordable disc types: DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R, CD-R, and CD-RW.
• This DVD player does not play Blu-Ray DVDs.

Insignia Support

• Are you using a cable/satellite box, cable connected directly to the TV, or an antenna?
  - If you are using a cable or satellite box you must use the remote that came with that box to change channels.
  - Make sure you have the correct input selected to view channels via the cable or satellite box. For example, if the cable or satellite box is connected via component cables please press Input and select Component 1 or Component 2 to view your channels.

If you are using cable connected directly to the TV:

1. Press TV MENU. The on-screen menu opens.
2. Press ◄ or ► to select Channel (it is the magnifying glass icon), then press ▼ to access the Channel menu.
3. Press ▲ or ▼ to select TV Source, then press ◄ or ► to select CATV.
4. Press ▲ or ▼ to select Auto Scan, then press ► to enter Auto Scan menu.
5. Press ▲ or ▼ to select Scan all channels, then press ► to start scanning. Your TV memorizes all cable channels you receive.

If you are using an antenna:

2. Press ◄ or ► to select Channel (it is the magnifying glass icon), then press ▼ to access the Channel menu.
3. Press ▲ or ▼to select TV Source, then press ◄ or ► to select Air.
5. Press ▲ or ▼ to select Scan all channels, then press ► to start scanning. Your TV memorizes all analog and digital channels you receive.

Insignia Support

[ Edited ]

• Please refer to page 32 in your manual.
• To install your base:

1. Lay the TV face down on the edge of a table or work bench. Make sure to put your TV on a cushion or soft covering to prevent damaging the case or screen.
2. Remove the back shield directly below the jacks on the back of the TV by removing the two screws holding it in place and sliding it out.
3. Slide the pedestal stand in the bottom of the TV and push it in to lock it into place.
4. Use the 4 provided screws to secure the pedestal in place.
5. Reattach the back shield with the 2 screws you previously removed.

Insignia Support

• What type of cable are you using?

HDMI
•Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI Input jack on the back of your TV and to the HDMI Out jack on the HDMI device.

To play from an HDMI device:
1. Turn on the HDMI device, then set it to the correct mode. See the documentation that came with the device for further instructions.
2. Turn on your TV, then press INPUT. The Input Source menu opens.
3. Press ▲ or ▼ to select HDMI then press ENTER.

Component Video Cables are red, green and blue. The audio cables will be red and white.
•Connect a component cable to the INPUT (Y, Cr/Pr, Cb/Pb, Audio L & Audio R) jacks on the back of your TV and to the COMPONENT Out jacks on the component device.

To play from a component device:
1. Turn on the component device, then set it to the correct mode. See the documentation that came with the device for further instructions.
3. Press ▲ or ▼ to select Component 1 or Component 2, then press ENTER.

S-Video Cable has a round end with prongs in a semi-circle and Audio Cables that are red and white.
• Connect an S-Video cable to the S-VIDEO jack on the back of your TV and to the S-VIDEO Out jack on the S-Video device.
• Connect an audio cable to the L Audio Input and R Audio Input jacks on the back of your TV and to the Audio Out jacks on the S-Video Device.

To play from an S-Video device:
1. Turn on the S-Video device, then set it to the correct mode. See the documentation that came with the device for further instructions.
3. Press ▲ or ▼ to select S-VIDEO, then press ENTER.

Composite (A/V Cables, RCA Cables) have a yellow video cable, and red and white audio cables.
• Connect a composite cable to the Video, L Audio Input, and R Audio Input jacks on the back of your TV and to the Video Out and Audio Out jacks on the composite device.

To play from a composite device:
1. Turn on the Composite device, then set it to the correct mode. See the documentation that came with the device for further instructions.
3. Press ▲ or ▼ to select AV, then press ENTER.

Insignia Support

[ Edited ]

• Use the Insignia product support website to obtain the correct code: http://insigniaproducts.com/support.html 

Insignia Support

• Make sure that your cable is properly plugged into your TV and the source device.
• Press INPUT and make sure you have selected the correct input for the device or service you are trying to use.
• Are you using a cable/satellite box, cable connected directly to the TV, or an antenna?

If you are using a cable or satellite box you must use the remote that came with that box to change channels.

- Make sure you have the correct input selected to view channels via the cable or satellite box. For example, if the cable or satellite box is connected via component cables please press Input and select Component 1 or Component 2 to view your channels.

If you are using cable connected directly to the TV, you need to run an autochannel search.

To run an autochannel search:
3. Press ▲ or ▼ to select TV Source, then press ◄ or ► to select CATV.
5. Press ▲ or ▼ to select Scan all channels, then press ► to start scanning. Your TV memorizes all cable channels you receive.

If you are using an antenna, you need to run an autochannel search.

To run an autochannel search:
3. Press ▲ or ▼ to select TV Source, then press ◄ or ► to select Air.
5. Press ▲ or ▼ to select Scan all channels, then press ► to start scanning. Your TV memorizes all analog and digital channels you receive.

Insignia Support

2. Press ◄ or► to select Time (it is the globe and clock icon), then press ▼ to access the Time menu.
3. Press ▲ or ▼ to select Time Zone, then press ◄ or ► to choose from Pacific, Alaska, Hawaii, Atlantic, Eastern, Central, or Mountain.
4. If your viewing area observes Daylight Savings Time, press ▲ or ▼ to select DST, then press ◄ or ► to select On.
5. Press ▲ or ▼ to select Time Format, then press ◄ or ► to choose from 12-hour or 24-hour.

• You are unable to physically change the date or time as this information is automatically be obtained from the digital or cable signal received by your TV.

Insignia Support

• Check volume levels.
• Make sure the TV volume is not muted.
• Make sure your connections are connected correctly to the jacks on the TV.
• Check the signal strength of the channel by pressing the DISPLAY button on the remote. The signal strength is displayed in the lower right corner of the Display screen.

NOTE: The signal strength is only displayed on digital channels.

If the signal is Weak:
• Make sure the antenna is connected securely to the TV.
• Move the antenna around the room or close to a window.
• Use a basic indoor set-top antenna designed to pick up both VHF and UHF.
  OR
• Use a set-top antenna that has a built-in signal amplifier.
  OR
• Use an antenna mounted on your roof or in your attic.

• For more information about antennas and the available channels in your area, visit www.antennaweb.org
• It is possible you are receiving marginal reception. Both the picture and sound may freeze or break up due to poor reception.
• The audio cables you are using may be bad, try a new set.