48" ns-48dr510na17 no equilizer for sound? Voices too low Noises too loud

Hi. I constantly have to turn the volume up down up down and the TV gives me headaches a lot from it. I'm turning the volume up straining to hear dialogue at a comfortable level and the background noise is too loud. Then an action or music scene comes on and its suddenly painfully blaring. It's really frustrating and even making my landlord mad and she has a hearing deficit. I've tried different sound options but nothing helps and I keep it set to speech. I've looked through both the menu settings and the in show * sidebar settings for equilizer to manually adjust it. Does this thing not have an equilizer?!?! If not I would have bought a different TV. I've never had a TV without EQ so I thought that was standard on all TVs.
Any suggestions?
Anyone else have this problem?
(I really want to avoid buying speakers. It's ridiculous to have to for something that should be standard and I don't have counter space).
Thank you
Highlighted
Insignia Support

Re: 48" ns-48dr510na17 no equilizer for sound? Voices too low Noises too loud

Hello GelflinGirly,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

What is your TV signal source? You may be able to adjust the audio settings on your cable box, disk player, computer, or streaming service apps to output more equalized audio.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support