Visitor

55 inch 4k TV soap opera effect

I just set up our new 55 inch, model NS-55DR620NA18.  I cannot seem to find any settings to turn or or modify the "motion" smoothing effect, soap opera effect on the tv. Any guidance as to how I can change this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

Insignia Support

Re: 55 inch 4k TV soap opera effect

[ Edited ]

Hello Todd,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

I am looking into your issue. For the sake of expediency, in the interim, I recommend contacting Insignia Support at 877-467-4289 for assistance troubleshooting your TV.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

Visitor

John,

I was finally able to find the settings that control the smoothing, nothing was noted in the instructions booklet. After I changed the effect to "off" for the attached components, cable box and blu ray player the selection took effect.  I also found the setting in the menu for the TV, changed it to off. The issue now is that when either Netflix or Amazon Video is selected using the apps installed on the TV, the effect is still present.  If Netflix or Amazon Video is selected via the blu ray player the effect is not present.  

I have called the number as you suggested, any help you can provide would appreciated.

Todd

Insignia Support

Hello Todd,

Thank you for the update and additional information.

With apologies, there is not a setting to adjust video within apps (e.g., Netflix, etc.). Picture quality may vary depending up on your broadband service.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support