Audio cuts out during quiet portions of programming

It's nearly unwatchable with this problem. During portions of my programming with quiet ambient noise or music it is as if the audio is muted, then it abruptly comes back for speech or sound effects. It's awful, sounds like someone is tapping mute every time all you can hear is soft ambience.

I've played with every audio setting and none fixed it. No I am not using an external audio device, no I am not using an external input, just the built in apps.

Found this: http://community.insigniaproducts.com/t5/Televisions/Audio-cutting-out-on-NS-22E455C11-22-LED-LCD-HD... from 2010... Marked as "solved" but if you read the thread it was not... Please tell me I am not experiencing a problem from 2010 with my BRAND NEW TV.

Model
ns-43dr620na18
Insignia Support

Re: Audio cuts out during quiet portions of programming

Moring Solid,

Welcome to the Insignia Community! Purchasing a new TV is very exciting. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having some issues with the sound on your TV. I’d be happy to offer a few troubleshooting steps that may resolve your issue.

Have you attempted to power cycle your TV? You’re able to do this by unplugging it from the wall for about 5 minutes then plug it back in. This should reset the internal issues that may be present. If this doesn’t resolve the issue at hand I’d recommend setting your TV back to the default settings. You can reset back to default by choosing Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset. Let us know if those two trouble shooting steps do not work, and we’d be happy to discuss what further options may be available.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia ™  Support