nca
Visitor

Re: Auto channel search not working

If I add an external antenna, how does the channel search happen?

insignia ns-46L240A13 channel scan

Hello,
I have an insignia ns-42d510a15 that just lost a channel, but my other insignia in the house has the channel. I've ran the auto channel search and then went to the add/skip channels, but it's not there. Any idea why this tv lost a channel, but the other tv did not?
Highlighted
Insignia Support

Hello bobblunder,

Welcome to the Insignia Community! I appreciate the time you’ve taken to post to our community about your 42” TV. I understand missing a certain channel can be issue if you’re looking to catch a certain show or program. I’d be delighted to see how I can help you further.

Depending on the signal strength of the channel being broadcasted that would be very real reason why one TV is able to pick a certain channel, and the other one is not in your home. Have you checked out which channels you’re supposed be getting? You can do that here. Additionally, the map is a great tool to understand where each channel is being transmitted from.

Have you tried to power cycle your TV to see that resolves the issue? You can do this by unplugging the TV and all of it’s components for a few minutes. This will clear any built up data errors that may be occurring internally. Please try to scan for the missing channel again after getting everything connected. Let us know if those troubleshooting steps, and tips don’t work-out for you. We’d be happy to see what other recommendations we may be able to make at that time.

Kindly,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support