Buttons to control Tv

I've recently purchased a 32in insignia. There are no buttons to control anything. There is only an input button at the bottom. My remote seems to be misplaced and I refuse to purchase another. How can I control the volume of this tv as well as the channels?
Hbm

Re: Buttons to control Tv

Can anyone answer this question? My tv only has a power button physically on the tv - no volume or menu buttons. I have no idea how to turn my volume up (Roku app doesn't do it) until my replacement remote comes in. Best Buy apparently doesn't sell the Roku replacement remotes for the Roku/Insignia tvs - this is so frustrating.

I realize you've probably resolved your issue one way or another by now, but I'm leaving this here for anyone else who gets a TV like ours. Our model of Insignia TV also only has an Input button and no other buttons.

However, it functions as a power button as well. If you press the Input button when the TV is off, it will power on the TV. If you hold in the Input button while the TV is on, it will power the TV off. Removing the current Input device from the TV (turning it off or unplugging it) will also cause the TV to power off automatically after a short time. If for some reason holding the button in isn't powering the TV off, you could also just press the Input button until it lands on an unused Input channel and it would have the same effect as turning off/unplugging your Input device.

It took us a long time to find any button on the unit at all, let alone suss that out. We finally got desperate once the remote got lost. XD

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@tripspike wrote:

I realize you've probably resolved your issue one way or another by now, but I'm leaving this here for anyone else who gets a TV like ours. Our model of Insignia TV also only has an Input button and no other buttons.

However, it functions as a power button as well. If you press the Input button when the TV is off, it will power on the TV. If you hold in the Input button while the TV is on, it will power the TV off. Removing the current Input device from the TV (turning it off or unplugging it) will also cause the TV to power off automatically after a short time. If for some reason holding the button in isn't powering the TV off, you could also just press the Input button until it lands on an unused Input channel and it would have the same effect as turning off/unplugging your Input device.

It took us a long time to find any button on the unit at all, let alone suss that out. We finally got desperate once the remote got lost.

I have a 32" Insignia TV (model NS-32D220NA18) as well. My set only has an input button and a power indicator LED, but no local control buttons. The online documentation for my TV shows where the local controls should be, but I cannot seem to find them on my particular set. The TV works well enough with the remote, but I don't want to find myself being unable to use the set if the remote malfunctions. Are the buttons located behind a trap door under the display? If there is such a trap door, I haven't yet been able to find it. The suggestions put forth in the previous post detail only how to use the power button to power on/off the TV, not how to gain access to the local buttons for menus, volume, etc. My previous Insignia TV, a 19-inch model NS-19E720A12 (which I still have), has the control buttons on the right-hand side of the display, looking at it from the front.

Kind regards,

Jeff (jeff6794)

Satisfied Insignia HDTV owner since August 2011