Visitor
ev3x

Disabling Insignia Motion 120hz

Hi, I have a NS-55E480A13A model and I am trying to permanently disable the motion blur effect or so called "Soap Opera Effect." I am able to disable it but when I turn off the tv and back on, it reverts back. How do I completely disable it? Thanks

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Re: Disabling Insignia Motion 120hz

Hello ev3x,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

More information would be helpful, so please read this post and reply here with answers to the questions. Answers to these basic troubleshooting questions will help us understand what's happening with your TV.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

Visitor
ev3x

Hi thanks for the reply. My only issue with the TV is that the motion 120hz keeps coming back after I turn it off in any mode. I have to turn it off everytime I start the TV up even though the setting says it's off.

Visitor
Thinkdiff

46E480A13 Not Saving 120Hz Setting

I recently purchased a 46E480A13 from Best Buy. I absolutely hate the 120Hz "soap opera" effect that comes turned on for 120Hz TVs, so I always turn it off.

When I turn off the "Insignia Motion 120hz" setting, the picture looks great and I'm extremely happy with the TV. But every time I turn the TV off and back on, the 120Hz setting gets turned back on internally. The menu will say it's off, but it's very obviously on. Changing the setting to "Low" and then back to "off" every time I turn the TV on is the only way to fix it.

Are there any firmware updates in the works that will fix this issue or anything else I can try? If not, the TV will have to go back.

Thanks!

Visitor
Thinkdiff

Re: 46E480A13 Not Saving 120Hz Setting

I noticed a lot of these topics go unanswered for "not enough information", and I can't find an edit button.. so here it goes:

1. Model Number: 46E480A13

2. I notice the 120Hz interpolation turned on when turning the TV on for U-Verse (HDMI 1) and AppleTV (HDMI 2). I haven't tested the other HDMI ports yet.

3. The problem is not specific to one type of device.. It's an issue with the TV settings/firmware.

4. No computer.

5. Problem occurs every time I turn the TV on.

6. No recent changes other than the new TV.

Contributor
Esteban

I have this exact problem. Turning off the TV  turns the motion control back on (to medium I think) for next time, but the settings menu still displays it as off, or however it was last set. The result is a soap opera effect for most inputs, with no indication that the motion control is causing it. I have to set the motion to another setting besides medium, play something, then to set to off to truly turn it off each time I turn on the TV. This has become cumbersome, since it can only be done through the advanced video menu.

I'd hate to return the TV just for this, because otherwise I like it. Some guidance about whether this will be fixed via firmware soon would help with my decision. I suspect everyone is affected by this, they just don't realize it because the menu doesn't reflect the true state of the motion control after the TV has been turned off.

Visitor
Thinkdiff

Looks like this is a common problem for the 480A13 line.. I have the same problem on the 46" model:

46E480A13 Not Saving 120Hz Setting             

Contributor
Esteban

Re: 46E480A13 Not Saving 120Hz Setting

The numbered list describe the specifics of my problem perfectly. I have NS-55E480A13A, the 55" version. I too don't see a place to formalize the problem report, so I'm adding "me too" here.

I suspect this problem could persist since the menu setting incorrectly displays the motion control as off after powering off and back on. Few will realize the problem and either return the TV or become used to the effect.

Atxtv

Details were provided.  I am having the same problem. Is there a response from Insignia?

Contributor
Esteban

Not to me. It would be nice to get some indication that they are looking into it, or better, working on it. Monitoring this thread by email is all I'm doing at present.

Insignia, please respond.