Insignia Support

Re: Favorite channels on nsignia Roku TV?

orbops, 

Can you please double check the photo link you sent? I'm unable to view it. I'd be happy to continue to partner with the rest of Insignia Support to further assist you. 

Kindly, 

Mariah

Insignia Support

Strange, the link works fine for me.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YONYICZlp2VTi2YA8rV1lU5noxfO411-

Here's another link that points to OneDrive:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AsBAzvmghmUxhmEmUuMjODL0PgTU

Insignia Support

Hey orbops,

Can you please ensure you’re using the share option in Google Drive, or One Drive to a create link that’s visible? Just copying the links from inside your account when you’re logged into it may be the reason you can see them, and we can’t.

Thanks,

Mariah

Insignia Support

Mariah,

I tested the links with another person, and they worked fine. For the OneDrive link, it asks you to log in, but at the bottom there is a link where you can view the file without logging in. Ultimately, when I'm on the Edit Channel Lineup screen, hitting 'Return' or '>' doesn't set the channel as a Favorite. Hitting return just checks the 'Hide x.x' option.

Insignia Support

Orbops,

I’m still not having any luck viewing the links you’ve sent over. I have escalated your issue to support teams for further review to see if they have any suggestions. I’d be happy to share their advice once they follow-up with me. I appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia Support

Mariah,

Is there any way to upload a picture to you?

Insignia Support

Hello orbops,

I’ve sent you private message with instructions on how to send that photo directly to me. You’re able to check your private messages by ensuring you’re logged in to your community profile, and selecting the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

Regards,

Insignia Support

Mariah

Insignia Support

Hello orbops,

Thank you so much for your patience on this matter! I really do appreciate it.  Our escalated support teams share some further insight into this matter with me to resolve this issue.

Due the recent upgrade to Roku OS 8.0 the way the favorite channels works is different now. You can still hide, or show channels in the master list. However, now your TV will be able to add channels as favorites based on what you watch most frequently. This places these channels at the top of the Smart Guide channel list. Support shared it can take 2-3 weeks, or several hours of watching one channel before it’s gets picked up as a favorite.

I hope this provides further clarification for you!

Thanks,

Mariah

Insignia Support

Mariah,

Thanks for the info. I will keep an eye on the programming guide over the next couple of weeks to see if frequently watched channels show up at the top.

BTW - In my opinion, this option is pretty weak. If I am on channel 2.1 and then want to switch to 56.1, that's a lot of scrolling and hoping that the software eventually marks the channel as a favorite.

Insignia Support

Orbops,

Thanks for your feedback! Hopefully, the channels start adding themselves as favorites the more time you watch them. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Kindly,

Mariah

Insignia Support