chummel87

How do I reprogram my Insignia TV remote to my Insignia TV

Somehow my remote got messed up and is no longer controlling my TV.  The remote is the original remote that came with the TV.

Remote: nsrc01g09

TV:   nsl322q10a

Is there a way I can reprogram my remote to work with my TV?  I can't seem to find instructions in the manual or a remote code in the manual or on the forum?

Thank you,

Chris

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Re: How do I reprogram my Insignia TV remote to my Insignia TV

Hello Chris,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

Try this: remove the batteries from your remote control, press all of its buttons, and install fresh batteries. This will serve to reset your remote control. If the problem persists afterward, and you have the means, try controlling your TV with a universal remote control. This will help verify whether the remote or the TV is at fault. Let us know your results! 

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

mpaluda

Re: How do I reprogram my Insignia TV remote to my Insignia TV

I have a similar problem.  Just bought the TV last night and set it up.  The salesman made no mention of cables, and especially that HDMI cables were the best way to connect.

I had trouble getting a decent picture with RCA connectors, so set it up again with coax cable direct from the cable box.  The picture is decent, but not as good as it looked in the store.

Anyway, now the cable box changes channels on the TV, but the Insignis controller doesn't work at all.  NOTHING!  No MENU or anything will work.  I'll go try the suggestion here to remove the batteries, push all buttons, and then try it again.