fis
Accepted Solution

How to set default input for Insignia Roku TV?

I got a new Insignia Roku TV for my 80-year-old mother-in-law, and it's great. She's not tech savvy at all, but I'm showing her how to use a remote control D-Pad, and how to access things like The Great Courses and our Netflix account on Roku. The problem: She'll still mostly just watch cable TV on it, but now when she turns it on, she's faced with a menu choice and the prospect of using two remotes every time. I was able to program her cable TV remote to handle ON/OFF, VOLUME, and MUTE only. So she can use it to power up the TV, but then she needs to switch to the Insignia remote to select Cable, then go back to the cable remote to change the channel. Is there a way to have the Insignia Roku TV DEFAULT to a certain input, so that when she hit the ON/OFF button, the TV just pops on like a regular old TV? Then she'd only have to go to the HOME screen if she wanted to switch to a Roku Channel, or to another Input.

Re: How to set default input for Insignia Roku TV?

I hope this message finds you well.

I was trying to do the very same thing as you and couldn't find where this might be. Even called tech support to point me in the right direction. Good news: it is possible to set a default input. They just don't call it a default input.

Go into the settings of the tv. Then System, then Power, and finally Power On. In here you pick which input you want the tv to power on to.

Now knowing what this setting is called, I checked the user manual and it is on page 77.

fis

Thanks so much!

I had the same issue with a new Sharp TV.  Found this thread on Google.  Followed the same trail down the power rabbit hole and it worked great!  Unbelievable they make it that difficult to just watch TV!  Thanks for the advise.