ian
ian

INSIGNIA LCD TV PROBLEMS

Can anyone advise why Insignia sells a product that has a major flaw? I have spent weeks researching why my NS-LCD37 shocked me & shut down. It has happened to most of the people with this set & tv repair shops can not fix this.

What is Best buy doing to protect its image. If I can not get my set to work, I will take my business to the new chain opening up by my house when it opens. It's called HH, something.

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Re: INSIGNIA LCD TV PROBLEMS

Hello ian,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

Please watch for a private message from me with a request for more information.  To check your forum inbox, please sign in with your user name and password, then click the envelope icon in the upper right.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

uncn0123

I have experienced the same issues, I called Insignia about this particular problem, I explained that this TV shocked me and now won’t work, there explanation is that because I was out of warranty there is not much they can do, never mind that they had a particular model that a recall with the same issues as there 26 inch model, when the TV shocks u, it’s usually your main board gone bad,

All I can do now is complain on these boards and inform other consumers of how bad of a product this is and to stay away from this brand due to the fact have poor designs on these models.

I will continue to bitch and complain, on Facebook and other post until maybe someone listens and decides not to buy a piece of **bleep** like this, what a joke, will start a class action law suit, remember the more u complain, they will eventually have to listen to you just like they did with their 26 inch models they will do it for other models so hold on to your sets this one’s due for a recall.

They also said that they can’t find any threads on their insignia boards, just type shocked and u will find threads, and if u want to do a Google search type insignia and your model number and see how many threads u will find about their faulty boards, I’ll be back to add these post with links of how much of a piece of **bleep** this TV really is..

Jackh113

I agree. This is complete BS.  I bought the same TV about 2 years ago.  Had I known what I know now, I would have gone with a different brand!

About 2 months ago, my son went to turn on the TV and got shocked.  The TV has not worked since.  I took it to a local repair shop and was told the main board is bad.  It will cost me about $275 to have it replaced IF they can get the board!  I could almost buy a new TV for that!

How can Insignia put out a product with a known issue like this and not stand behind their product?  Shouldn't there be a recall on an issue like this? Isn't There a safety issue involved here?

I will never buy another Insignia product and will discourage anyone I know from doing the same.

prifry

We have a tv insignia too and it cost us $ 600,00 after 1 year and 3 month the tv stop working we can just hear the sound no image. We got it at best buy in Va , we don't have warranty is past due , we don't have tv so , I called insignia and they said no warranty we can not fix it, and seeing all the comment here I see that's a fabric problem , I will never buy at best buy again or insignia product :smileysad: :/ very sad
dr5
Visitor
dr5

TVs should last 10+ years... period.

Tinsman

I bought a LCD tv for Christmas and now it it dead. I have the same problem that others described here. I thought insignia was a good name. Guess I was wrong.