Visitor

Insignia 24 inch color, tint, and sharpness are greyed out.

i am trying to change the color, tint, and sharpness on my tv and it is greyed out and i tryed "power on in vivid mode" to turn off but it did not work what else could i do.

Highlighted
Insignia Support

Re: Insignia 24 inch color, tint, and sharpness are greyed out.

Hello mysteryman,

Welcome to the Insignia Support Online Forum Community! I’m sorry to hear that you’re having an issue with changing some settings for your 24” TVs display. I’d be happy to see how I can assist you further.

Have you tried to power cycle your TV? You’re able to do by following the directions I’ve shared below.

-Unplug the power cord from the back of your TV

-Disconnect the cables between the TV and any connected device

-Allow the TV to sit unplugged for 1-2 minutes

-Plug the TV’s power cord back in, reconnect any other devices, and then turn them back on

If that doesn’t resolve your issue I’d be happy to offer you some further troubleshooting advice, but I’d need to know the model number of your TV. Can you please share that detail with me?

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia Support  

Regular Contributor

Re: Insignia 24 inch color, tint, and sharpness are greyed out.

If you are using HDMI cables to connect external equipment (DVD, etc.) to your TV many of the onscreen controls, including the three you mention, will be greyed out and will not work. This is not a fault in your TV; it is simply how the onscreen menus operate. When you have external devices connected to your TV via HDMI, the only way to alter any greyed-out settings will be to change them at the connected device(s), if possible. It may be possible to change settings of greyed-out controls by selecting the "TV" option on the "input" menu, but as a rule, again, color, tint, sharpness and possibly other controls on the OSD menu are not adjustable when HDMI cables are used to connect external devices to the television.

Kind regards,

Jeff (jeff6794)

Satisfied Insignia HDTV owner since August 2011