collin_hll

Insignia NS-LCD32 : wont turn on

My t.v. won't turn on any more, with or without the remote. I've opened it up to check the boards and all looks good (no bulging or browning). Once i put it back together it worked fine and i tested it 4 or 5 times to make sure it would turn on/off and no problems. 30 minutes later i attempted to turn it on again and nothing. The green light on the front blinks once very lightly every time i press power but nothing. please help.
Insignia Support
John-INSG

Re: Insignia NS-LCD32 : wont turn on

Hello collin_hll,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

I recommend that you schedule a technician for diagnostics and repairs. Service can be obtained by calling our Product Support team. For contact information, click Support & Service at the top of this page.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

scotyboy64

Mine just started doing the same thing! please let me know what you found out. Sounds like a very common problem!

1voice

Hi.  My LCD32 hesitates to turn.  I press the power button and sometimes it will turn on within about 10 seconds.  Other times, I get nothing.  The green light blinks continuously maybe 2 times a second until the screen comes on.  But sometimes I can sit there for 10 minutes holding the power button in (or on my remote) and the screen won't come on.  Wondering if it's a bad power board.  Please help!  Thanks.

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Hello 1voice,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

It is likely that your TV requires repairs, as you've already concluded. Service can be obtained by carrying your product in to the place of purchase.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

1voice

Hi John.  I'm thinking you're correct.......kind of a pointless answer.....but correct.  Are you a technician or just someone that watches these posts so that you can recommend "getting your tv repaired as an answer"?  I would actually like to know if you can help me diagnose some possible problems so that I can fix this television myself.  Thanks for your upcoming helpful response.

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Hello 1voice,

The true cause of the problem can only be determined by physically examining the TV; that is why we recommend diagnostics and repair by a qualified technician.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

sappenheimer

this sounds like the exact problem i am having.   i did some research and found that most answers point back to a bad capacitor on the power board.  the capacitor is tube shaped and looks like a short fat battery almost.  i never found any bad ones on mine so im gonna keep looking for another problem but if you see any that are bulged out on the top or leaking then you've found your problem take that sucker out and solder in another and it should work.  hope this helps

Enrman

Not that will make a difference but I have same propblem. I guess my next TV wont be Insignia. Hope with all my heart Insignia will be out of business soon.