Insignia Support

Re: Insignia TV Remote Control Codes - Dish VIP 722 DVR

Hello ljg442,

Thanks for reaching out to us share that you’re having some trouble programing your 21.0 IR Dish remote to your new 50” Insignia TV. I understand that can be kind of frustrating. I’d be happy to see how I can assist you further.

Using the details you’ve shared it appears that you’ve already tried all the codes that are available for your unit. Can you please ensuring you’re following the steps as noted here on Dish’s website? In particular adding a 0 prior to any of the 3-digit codes.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Yes , I did try using 0 before the codes. That is used when programming to the "AUX" button instead of the "TV" button. Neither approach worked however. I hate to have DISH send a technician for such a simple thing, plus the $$$ service charge.

Thanks!

Insignia Support

Hello ljg442,

Working with Dish would be the best option available at this time. Have you tried to give them a ring to see if they share some troubleshooting steps over the phone? I completely understand your frustration on this matter, however, we’d only be able to guarantee that the remote that came with your TV can control it fully. Please let us know if you have any other questions about your new 50” Insignia TV. We’d be happy to see how we might be able to help you answer them!

Kindly,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Re: Insignia TV Remote Control Codes – Official Thread

I purchased an actual insignia universal remote. It works, however I am not able to do anything with it but turn it on and change the volume and mess with the settings. It won't let me use the channel buttons or control any other things with it. And there is no code to this remote. I haven't seen a code listing for the insignia universal remote controls. Why is that? I have a box for my bedrooms cable with a remote for the box as well. Shouldn't my universal remote start the box and the TV depending on what I set the remote up for ?

Insignia Support

Greetings StolenTV4me,

Thanks for joining our community to share that you’re needing help with syncing your Insignia Universal remote. I’d be happy to see how we might be able to assist you further.

Can you please share the model numbers of the remote, TV and your cable box? I’d be happy to do some digging to see if I can offer a better remote for you. I hope to hear from you soon!

Kindly,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

[ Edited ]

I bought a TV in México, model NS-40D510MX15, serie {removed per forum guidelines}, date septiembre 2014, i´m working in Guatemala, the remote control doesn´t worked i bought a universal control but the same thing it didn´t work with the numbers that they gave me, teh remote that I´m trying to use is RCA RCRBB05BHZ  with the code, could you help me so I canuse my TV.

This brand they don´t have in Guatemala.

Thank you for you help

Patricia

Highlighted
Insignia Support

Hello Patricia,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

For your RCA remote, please try the following codes:12049, 11423, 11564, 10171, 10463, 11892, 11963, 12184, 12417. If these codes do not work, we recommend using your remote's learning feature if applicable.

John
Insignia Support

I have an insignia TV NS-42P650A11 and I have been desperatly trying to find a replacement remote. I found one on amazon BN59-00892A. It has brand new batteries in it but wtill will not work. Is there something I have to do to program it?

Insignia Support

Hello sburgin85,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

I would recommend that you call our Support Team at 1-877-467-4289 for assistance in ordering a remote control compatible with your TV. 

John
Insignia Support