Visitor

How can I get my universal changer to change input?

I have charter cable and I'm using the c4000 remote.

I have it programed to turn the TV on and Off, and control the volume, but I cannot get it to change through the input options, or use the menu correctly.

I can get into the TV menu, but then I cannot use the arrows on the remote to cycle through the menu options.

Help? 

Re: Insignia TV Remote Control Codes – Official Thread

I have a NS-24E730A12. I'm trying to (like so many others) get a new TiVo HD Remote (standard issue with the TiVo Premiere) to perform the Input function.  This is especially important since this is my Computer Monitor as well as my TV.   The 0091 code worked great for the power, volume.  But the input button isn't responding at all.  I searched by Tivo input and model number but didn't get any results.

Please help!

Insignia Support

[ Edited ]

Hello ClarkJ & starfire369,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

Most basic universal remote controls will only provide control for basic features of your TV, e.g., power, volume, and channel access. If you have found a code that provides these functions, then there is not another code we can provide. Generally, a higher-end universal remote control -- or the factory remote that came with the TV -- is required for accessing all features on a TV.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

Hello Support.....found this post with the same remote with same DVR.

My Insignia 51" 1080 Plasma NS-51P680A12

Followed your suggestion, but the problem remains. To add to what Starper wrote, in "TV" mode everything works correctly. But the DVR/TV works best in "Cable" mode, and therein lies the problem with the audio. Everything works in "cable" mode EXCEPT the volume.  The bars for volume rise/fall correctly when then the volume button is pressed, but the actual sound from tv stays the same. Thus, as starper wrote, the only way to successfully adjust the volume is either (1) pick up and use the insignia remote or (2) change the mode back to "TV"

Any further suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thanks.

sculpepp

Meant to copy earlier referenced post below to reply above. Thanks, sculpepp

The remote control manufacturer and model number: Synergy V: RC-U62CP-1.12S 

It goes to a Time Warner Cable DVR Box: Scientific Atlanta: Explorer 8300

My Insignia 42" 720p Plasma TV: NS-42P650A11

I have tried numerous codes, including: 096, 450, 461 and 456, among a few others. Also, I have gone to my remote controls website and followed their general instructions for how to set up the TV to work with the universal remote as well as followed their "troubleshooting" instructions when the normal method/process does not work and neither of these were successful.

I am able to watch cable on my TV through the DVR usng the universal remote that came with the DVR, but I am not able to adjust the volume/mute the TV through the universal remote, nor am I able to turn the power on the TV itself on or off. I have to use the remote that came with my Insignia TV in order to adjust the volume/mute the TV and I also have to use it to turn the power on or off on the TV. 

Please help!!!!

Thanks!

- Ali

Remote control code for a Motorola irc551 (Canada Shaw Direct)

Hi, I have a NS-15E720A12 TV and I am looking for a remote control code for a Motorola irc551 (Canada Shaw Direct)

Any help would be appreciated

RSW

Re: Remote Control Codes

Hello, I seem to be having some problems connecting my Insignia NS-RC01G-09 remote that came with my Insignia NS-L32Q-10A to my Motorola-Comcast-Xfinity RNG150N reciever. 

I was able to connect the remote that came with the reciver to the TV but not vise versa, I would really like to use my Insignia remote instead of the Xfinity remote. 

Any assistence would be greatly appreceted! 

Thank you! 

Insignia Support

Hello sculpepp,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

Most basic universal remote controls will only provide control for basic features of your TV, e.g., power, volume, and channel access. If you have found a code that provides any of these functions, then there is not another code we can provide. Generally, a higher-end universal remote control -- or the factory remote -- is required for accessing all features on a TV.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

Bonjour!
I need the code for my remote control, UR5U-8400A. Videotron, cableTV (Québec, Canada)
TV insignia 22E450a11
Tank you!
Anne C

Hi gang,

I just purchased a Insignia 24" NS-24E730A12 from Best Buy (it was an open box model & didn't have a remote with it). So, they gave me the Insignia DAV9633 remote to see if it would work with the TV & it doesn't.  Is there a code I can use with this remote to get the TV to work, or do I have to go back to Best Buy & try to get another remote?

thanks, steve