Re: Insignia TV Remote Control Codes – Official Thread

To anyone who is having trouble getting your remote to control all of your TV's features - Insignia's support was useless for me, telling me that the universal remote that came with my cable box was only meant to control basic features like volume and power.  Obviously, this is not true - these remotes have buttons like "Input" so that you can control the TV's Input function.  I found a solution on a different forum.  I suggest posting here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=20840782#post20840782

i have this insignia tv: http://insigniaproducts.com/products/televisions/IS-HDPLTV42.html?noquery=null

model number: IS-HDPLTV42

the tv does not have a manual input button on it and the junk remote does not work. i cannot change input sources so the tv is basically useless as i cannot get out of the air/cable channel source and switch it to component or vga input. what can i do? can i find a replacement remote? what remote code can i use to program a universal remote? none are listed. please help as my tv is useless right now.

Insignia Support

Hello superstreet,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

Try this with your remote control: remove the batteries, press all of its buttons and install fresh batteries. This will resolve many remote control issues. Unfortunately, a replacement factory remote control is not available for purchase.

Many universal remote controls can be used with Insiginia TVs. If you have a specific one for which you cannot find a code (please see the first message in this thread for a listing of codes for popular remotes), please reply with the brand and model of your universal remote control. Please also include the TV model number in your reply, as you did here.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

Insignia TV NS-24E730A12 & DirecTV RC65X

TV model: NS-24E730A12

Universal Remote: DirecTV RC65X

When I attempt to turn off the receiver and the TV using the universal remote, everything shuts down as expected, but then the TV turns back on seconds later. I have tried several codes (listed below) with no luck in preventing the TV from turning itself on after just being turned off. In the end, I end up using the universal remote to turn the TV and receiver off, and then soon after -- I have to grab the TV remote to turn the TV off after it turns itself on.

Remote Codes I've tried:

Hi there. 

First of all, I would like to say that I love our new 42" Insignia television.  Great value and quality!  I am trying to program our Comcast remote to work with the TV.  Several of the codes allow me to turn on and off the TV as well as change the volume.  However, none of the codes or even searching (about 1 hour) are able to successfully work the "input" function on the TV.  I keep seeing a "not allowed" symbol on the middle of the screen.  Can you help?

TV: NS-42L780A12

REMOTE: Comcast - ON DEMAND - Custom DVR 3 Device

Thank you!

Visitor

Do you switch the remote to the "TV" position?

I have to do that with my remote to get the input function to work.  Otherwise I get the same result you described.

Yes I do. I press the TV button first and then I press the TV/VCR button.

Rhino - see my post about 6 above yours and I am sure you can solve your problem.  I had the exact same issue (insignia was no help, and no one on this forum had the solution either).

Insignia Support

Re: Insignia TV NS-24E730A12 & DirecTV RC65X

Hello jayhann1,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

Since you have found a code that provides control of most basic TV functions, there is not another code we can provide. As the Insignia TV remote appears to be functioning properly, I recommend that you contact DirecTV for assistance in troubleshooting their remote control.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support