Visitor
LRichter

Insignia TV input problems

I have a new 24" lcd tv, model # NS-24 E730 A12 that I bought a few days ago.  I plugged it in and went through the setup  instructions, but I think I chose the wrong channel setup (cable instead of cable box?).  I have it hooked up  to  a coax which goes to a directv cable box.  After going through the channel search, it just shows the digital local channels and doesn't recognize the cable box. 

When I hit the input button it won't let me select anything other than TV?

How do I view the cable box and the other inputs?  If I made a mistake and chose the wrong setting on channel setup, can I reset it and go through that process again?

Thanks

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Re: Insignia TV input problems

[ Edited ]

Hello LRichter,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

You can change the TV Source by entering the on screen Menu and selecting Channels, then Auto Channel Search. You will have the option to select Antenna, Cable, or Cable/Satellite Box. 

After you've set your TV Source, check to see if pressing the INPUT button on your remote lets you access the other inputs on your TV as it should. You may need to disable Auto Input Sensing (which is turned on by default). You can do this via the on screen Menu by selecting Settings, then Auto Input Sensing. You can find more details for all of these features in the User Manual beginning on page 29. Let us know your results!

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

Visitor
LRichter

The auto channel search did not help, but turning off the auto input did allow me to access the other inputs.  I went through each of those and still cant access the cable box.  Which input would be for the coax input?  The choices were tv, component, hdmi, and usb.  TV was the only input that had any picture and it is just what the tv is picking up through the antenna.

Thanks

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Hello again LRichter,

Did you set your TV Source to Cable/Satellite Box? If so, you should not have been prompted for a Channel Scan since the channels will be run through the box. If you didn't change the TV Source setting, the TV will still pull channels received either by antenna or those accessible via cable without a box.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support