Visitor

Insignia remote not working with Insignia TV

Our 37-inch Insignia worked fine with its remote until the controller started eating batteries (2 a week). The replacement Insignia "universal" does not work with our ns-37l760a12, not even turning it on/off.

The instructions are straightforward enough and both my wife and I tried step by step. No good. The Best Buy guy said there was a list of codes in the package. Not so, just hold down A and D until light double blinks and try Power. We each followed the steps several times...slowly and carefully.

The old remote still works, though we know it's draining the batteries. 

I got out the TV manual and would try its codes, but the new remote doesn't seem to have a procedure for trying. 

Snow is falling like crazy so I likely won't return the remote until tomorrow, but with little home of getting a working remote for our model. 

Insignia Support

Re: Insignia remote not working with Insignia TV

Hello mikerocom,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

To troubleshoot your original remote control, try this: remove the batteries from your remote, press all of its buttons and install fresh batteries. This will solve most remote control issues.

If the problem persists, I recommend contacting Insignia Support at 877-467-4289 for assistance ordering a replacement remote control compatible with your TV.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Insignia remote not working with Insignia TV

Thanks for the reboot tip...no good though.

I went trhough the QS guide procedures several times, including the A and D buttons, then pressing Power until it cycled through its codes. It runs through 38 blinks and still does not communicate with the Insignia TV.  The old Insignia remote still woks with the TV.

I have fallen back to Occam razor. The simplest explanation s that this new Insignia controller does not have built-in code for this Insignia TV.