Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Intro Banner will not go away NS-24D510NA17

10/04/17:  I have been using my NS-24D510NA17 TV for months.  Moved it to my RV with no issues.  Moved back home and cannot get the Insignia Intro Splash Screen to go away.  I am connected to DirectTV via HDMI.  I have disconneted.  No change.  I have reset to factory defaults.  No change..  I have found nothing in this forum or on the Internet to help resolve the issue.  I have downloaded the latest firmware,  It helped nothing.  I have sent an email to customer support.  No response. 

Insignia Support

Re: Intro Banner will not go away NS-24D510NA17

Hello PapaKat,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

It sounds like your TV is in Store Display Mode. To set your TV to Home Use Mode do this:

1. Press Menu on your remote control
  2. Select Customize TV Settings
  3. You will be prompted to run the Easy Set Up wizard. Press OK to select
  4. Select your language. Press Enter
  5. Select Home Use Mode Press Enter
  6. Follow the remaining prompts to set up your TV

You can find more information in your TV User Guide beginning on page 32.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

Visitor

Thank you for responding.  I have reset that multiple times with no change.  I have set it to Store mode, turned off the TV, and turned it back on.  Then turned it on to Home mode, trued off the TV, and turned it bak on with no change. I have unplugged the TV, leet it rest, plugged it back in. and then turned the TV back on.  No change.  I have downloaded the user guide and followed every set up step I can find to follow.  When I turn on the TV it shows the DTS Sound and the Insignia Logo surrounded by this MS PowerPoint template looking thing.  About a 3" banner across the top this is semi-opaque.  Down the left side is black with some desilgns showing  The TV moves into display mode retaining the template but showing the program through the opaque banner.

Visitor

In addition to the previous attempts made to resolve the issue I updated the firmware to latest available on the Insignia site.  I then repeated all of the previous attempts multiple times.  No change.

Insignia Support

Hello PapaKat,

Thank you for sharing the additional details. It sounds like you have been very thorough with your troubleshooting indeed.

Given what you've described, it is likely your TV will require service. Your local Geek Squad should be able to assist you with arranging repairs. You can schedule an appointment by visiting We're Here to Help and selecting "Make a Reservation" under "Getting Help is Easy."

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

Visitor

Purchased at Best Buy in Burleson for my Mom. It’s at least two years old so the receipt is long gone.

My son-in law (with better eyes) just looked at. It seems the screen may be damaged from the inside. We moved it in a TV box with styrofoam but it could be our bad. Thank you for all of your help and your time.

PS I wasn’t looking for a replacement. Just a solution. Will update my thread with this content next week on the website to help others. It was driving me nuts.