Galactor20

Location of firmware upgrade file for Isignia NS-P42Q-10A television

It looks like this model was discontinued but can someone please direct me to the URL where I can download the latest firmware for the NS-P42Q-10A model? I tried the product description website http://insigniaproducts.com/products/televisions/NS-P42Q-10A.html and I can't find out where to download the files.

The problem is that I connected my laptop via the HDMI1 port to the television. Picture works fine but the sound came out very choppy. I've tried this on other tv's (same laptop and HDMI cable) and both sound and picture works great.. I connected the sounds so that it floes through the TV speakers. I assume this is a firmware problem.

Can someone please help. Thanks.

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Re: Location of firmware upgrade file for Isignia NS-P42Q-10A television

Hello Galactor20,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

You visited the right page on our website, but there is not currently a firmware update available for your TV.  Have you tried connecting your computer to a different HDMI port?  Have you updated your computer's video card firmware?  You may also need to adjust the output settings.  The more information you can provide, the better we can assist.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

jtabar258

Re: Location of firmware upgrade file for Isignia NS-P42Q-10A television

If there is non then why is there a service port on the unit, it makes no sense that there are no upgrades, the model has bugs , and has to constantly be recalibrated.