Visitor
electrodug

My Insignia LCD TV Won't Turn On

We purchased this TV 2 years ago from Best Buy. Was watching TV when it just shut down with no red LED light to indicate it is powered up. Unplugged the TV for 60 seconds as instructed in manual, but TV still won't turn on. I have seen blogs that describe this same problem with many Insignia LCD TV's, so it seems there is a major fault with the power circuit circuit in these TV's which should be addressed by the company. The power cord has 120VAC output to the TV, so it is not a problem with the cord or the outlet

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Re: My Insignia LCD TV Won't Turn On

Hello electrodug,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

Your TV will require repairs, unfortunately. Since you didn't include your TV model number in your message, I will refer you to your manual for terms of the factory warranty and how to obtain service.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

FixItUrselfDumm

Most of times when screens go black/blank, its usually cuased because of bad capacitors. i had this problem and i found this great video on youtube. it might work for you. check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbGiXqBAvvo

Visitor
electrodug

Appreciate your time and trouble, but the bad capacitors in the power supply are not always what is wrong. In my case, the power supply was part of the trouble. I purchased a used power supply from Shop Jimmy (they have lots of used circuiit boards for TV's). Replacing power supply in my case got my sound working, but have no picture...zero zip....noda... nothing. I have been doing email tag with a TV repair guy from Washington state. I bought a coil tester from him that included online support. So far not making any headway. I did learn, that these LCD/Plasma TV's are making repair shops very RICH. All LCD/Plasma TV's in all price catagories are failing and usually after warrantys have expired. My TV guru buddy tried to make out like the $1000.00 and above units lasted longer, but I have seen plenty of blogs from buyers with higher priced TV's with the same problems as $400.00 TV owners. One $1200.00 TV owner still owes money on his contract with his credit card company and his TV is out of warranty. Samsung brand TV's are the subject of most of the blogs I have read, and they are the brands my TV repair buddy in Washington repairs the most of. He has never repaired an Insigna TV, but that could be because they are not a highly recognized brand in the market like LG, Sony, Samsung etc. Go to You Tube and search "grant pass tv repair". A TV guy in Grant Pass Oregon. He has a lot of videos showing how to repair many different problems and teaches some very basic electronics. He's learned his trade by doing.

Regards 

insucknia

I like the same response of "Look in your manual for how to obtain service"... surely I can see the fine print "So that we can suck some more money out of you for our poor product." I have a 32" Insignia LCD that's just over a year old and have the same issue. After a little research (which admittedly I should have done prior to purchase) the better option seems to be to cut my losses, scrap the set, and stay away from your products in the future. I have Samsung and Panasonic products that are 5 and 3 years old, much bigger sets, and never had a single issue. I'm thankful this was only a small set I picked up on a sale.

I'll be sure to give you some word of mouth advertising as well.

hacienda82

I google "My Insignia LCD TV won't turn on" and it brought me here.  Thank you for posting this, I have exactly the same problem, all of the sudden it won't turn on.

This is a piece of crap TV.  You do not find any good reviews about this Insignia LVC TVS.  They should stop making and stop stealing people's money.

dekare

We have the same problem with our Insignia TV. Twice we have found it doesn't turn on, and both times were due to extreme temperature changes in our home.

We were to be gone for a week in the winter and turned down the heat in our home. Upon our arrival back, the television wouldn't turn on. Thinking we'd have to purchase a new one, we tried it again the next day, and walla it turned on. 

The second episode happened when our air conditioner failed in the summer. This time we thought for sure we'd have to buy a new television as it was consecutive days that it wouldn't operate. In fact I was actually walking toward the computer to price out a different model when I told my son, Just for the heck of it, plug it in and see if it will turn on. Wouldn't you know it, it finally did.

IMO, the TV seems to best operate when the atmosphere inside the home is kept at a constant.