Melissa

My TV won't turn on!!!

I have an Insignia Model NS LCD42HD and It won't turn on. For a few weeks we have been have problems turning it off or adjusting the volume on our TV. We would have to restart it by unplugging it and plugging it back in and it would be fine. While watching TV tonight it started making a loud crackling type of noise. We could still see our program but we couldn't hear what it was saying. We tried restarting it and now it won't turn back on. PLEASE HELP!!!

We tried calling customer service and they just want to charge us to help us over the phone which is UNACCEPTABLE in my book. So I would appreciate any help people can give me!!

Thank you in advance! :smileyhappy:

Visitor
DarkIntuition

Re: My TV won't turn on!!!

well first off where did you buy your tv and how long ago?

second, if you have already unplugged it and plugged it back in and get nothing, just for double checking purposes make sure another electrical device work in that particular outlet. if it does then your tv is most likey shot, and hope you have a warranty, which is why i always get one, technology today just isnt that reliable, stuff breaks, has flaws, and the way i look at it, be prepared and protect your self even if it cost you an extra hundred or so bucks. its way better than having to buy a new tv.

GOOD LUCK !

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Hello Melissa,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

I recommend that you schedule a technician for diagnostics and repairs.  If your purchase was less than one year ago, repairs should be covered by the factory warranty. Service can be obtained by calling 1-888-237-8289 in the U.S. or 1-866-237-8289 in Canada.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

Visitor
irsschen

Why you are saying a 1 year warranty?

On Insignia the warranty is for 2 years. Technical support tried to tricked us with the 1 year warranty rule and wanted to charge us for a visit. I checked the user manual and there in black fonts it is stated - 2 years limited warranty, which covers most things. 

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Hello again irsschen,

Not all Insignia TVs feature a two-year factory warranty.  The longer warranty period was first offered on 2010 model year TVs (model numbers ending in 10A).  Most TVs prior to this had a one year factory warranty. I apologize for the apparent confusion when you called for assistance.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

Insignia Support
John-INSG