Accepted Solution

My roku TV remote suddenly stopped working

I woke up this morning and turned my TV on but my remote won't respond when I try to scroll through the menu. The only buttons working are the power button, volume button, and sleep timer. None of the other buttons respond. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: My roku TV remote suddenly stopped working

The model number of the TV is NS-24ER310NA17

Mine just started doing this as well today. Literally the exact same symptoms. I even tried casting the youtube app from my phone on to the tv and it won't work. My cable box is on and the picture is playing in the menu, but I can't actually go in to any apps.

Hey I actually just got mine working. All I did was unplug the TV and waited a few seconds before plugging it back in. Best of luck dude. Hope this works for  you!

I did the same thing. I unplugged it and it's working now. So strange.

I'm having the exact same problem. My insignia tv is less than a year old. To be experiencing problems with a remote is simply absurd. Did you have any luck fixing it?

I am having same issue.  My Remote just will not work.  My TV is about 3 weeks old.

Insignia Support

Hello all,

I'm happy to hear that power cycling your TV had a positive result. To properly power cycle your TV, turn it off, then unplug it for several minutes.

Additionally, you can reset the remote control. To do this: remove the batteries from your remote, then place the remote button-side down on a firm surface like a table and rock it back and forth to press all of its buttons. Install a fresh set of batteries. In most cases, this will restore full functionality to any remote control.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

Only some of my remote buttons work, although those that work aren't actually performing the expected action. Rendered my TV useless. Keeps dropping my WiFi connection, too. Less than a year old. Very disappointed.

Forgot to mention yes I unplugged for up to 10 minutes on multiple occasions. Yes I removed the batteries from remote and rocked it to push all the buttons. Multiple times.