Visitor

NOT ABLE TO ADJUST SOUNDBAR VOLUME WITH CABLE REMOTE AFTER ADDING NEW INSIGNIA TV

I recently bought a Smart-4K Ultra HD Insignia Roku Tv model# NS-65DR620NA18. I connected my Sony soundbar using the optical cable and I'm able to here the sound through the soundbar, turn it on and off with my u-verse remote but cannot adjust the volume using my u-verse remote. Hate trying to keep up with 2 remotes. Please help!!

Insignia Support

Re: NOT ABLE TO ADJUST SOUNDBAR VOLUME WITH CABLE REMOTE AFTER ADDING NEW INSIGNIA TV

Hello montez3204,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

Are you unable to adjust the TV volume with your universal remote, or the volume of audio through your Sony soundbar?

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

Visitor

Re: NOT ABLE TO ADJUST SOUNDBAR VOLUME WITH CABLE REMOTE AFTER ADDING NEW INSIGNIA TV

I'm unable to adjust volume through soundbar.
Highlighted
Insignia Support

Hello montez3204,

Thank you for the clarification.

Since this Community is intended for the support of Insignia products, I'd recommend contacting Sony or your cable provider for assistance with this issue.

That being said, I'd like to add that the only remote guaranteed to control a product is the one supplied for it by the manufacturer. If you've found a code that will control some features of your product, usually another code will not provide more functionality.

I hope this helps. 

Regards,

John

Insignia Support