sreynolds30

NS-32LB451A11 - Insignia 32'' LCD TV/Blu-ray Combo

I've tried to connect to my network both wired and wireless and nothing.  When I connected direct wire I don't even get a signal from the ethernet port on the TV. I can't even get to the computer settings on the tv.  did I miss a setup step?

barrettg

Re: NS-32LB451A11 - Insignia 32'' LCD TV/Blu-ray Combo

Hey SReynolds30,

I was able to get connected to my home network without much ado.  Once I got to the proper setup menu, the TV sensed the Home Network name, prompted me for the security code and then I was connected.

Regarding not being able to get to the "computer" menu, I'm guessing that  you'd have to have your computer actually hooked up to the TV in order to have the menu activated. 

rockman32

barrettg wrote:

Hey SReynolds30,

I was able to get connected to my home network without much ado.  Once I got to the proper setup menu, the TV sensed the Home Network name, prompted me for the security code and then I was connected.

Regarding not being able to get to the "computer" menu, I'm guessing that  you'd have to have your computer actually hooked up to the TV in order to have the menu activated. 

barrettg wrote:

Hey SReynolds30,

I have a insignia 32" TV Blu-ray combo (NS-32LB451A11) and the blu-ray player does not work.  It would not even play DVD's and it made a loud noise.  So I exchange it for another one.  On 1/11/11, Geek Squad came out to take  the faulty TV and exchange it with new one just to find out the the Blue-ray play does not work and it does not play DVD's.  This time it wants to load the disc, but it just says "no disc".  Everything else works great, but the Blu-ray player is a piece of crap. This is the second TV/Blu-Ray Combo that I had to exchange with Best Buy and all I want to know if there is a solution for this and why does this keep happening??

barrettg

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the Blu Ray Player.  So far so good on mine.  We got the set for Christmas and it has performed flawlessly so far.  Well, let me say that its played backward compatible DVD's to this point.  I haven't actually tried a Blu Ray DVD yet, but since its playing regular DVD's I can't imagine that I'll have a problem with the Blu Rays.  I'll let you know if I do though.

rockman32

That's crazy.  It's good to know that one actually works. I've read other reviews that this brand has a faulty blue-ray player and sure enough they are right, because I'm in it.  It's just been a big hassle from the get go and we just want it to work.  Looks like I need to go back to Best Buy again to see what my options are.  We want to be able to watch our Blu-Ray and DVD movies, and since this player does not work I'm not sure what else we can do.  We have the wireless adapter and we can stream our Nextflix movies, or use Pandora; but since the built-in blu-ray player is part of the TV it becomes a pain to have to exchange it every time.  Had I know this earlier, I would have got them separately. 

sreynolds30

sorry I forgot to post back to this thread.  Sure enough right after I posted this thread, I got mine connected.  It was just through the DVD options not the TV settings... Anyway that's for the reply.

All items on my TV are working just fine and to date I'm happy with this purchase.

gardenergirl

I purchased an Insignia NS-32LB451A11 right after Christmas at Best Buy.  THOUGHT I was getting a great deal.  The DVD/Blu-Ray player certainly makes a lot of noise when first loading or ejecting a disc.  Now I have a DVD stuck in the player.  HOW do I get this out?  Will I need to return this product for something with fewer functions, but more reliable and NOT an Insiginia?  I would like to KEEP this TV, but not if it is going to EAT my DVD's.  The DVD in question is a STORE purchased DVD.  I have not played it in this player before.  I HAVE successfully played other DVD's and a couple of Blu-Ray discs.  My first time having a Blu-Ray player.  I don't really like the sound on this TV, but will... if I keep this TV, supplement this TV with a sound bar.  Good idea or bad?  Not sure.  I would very  much appreciate any help anyone can offer on how to get my stuck disc out.  On a computer it's easy, just stick a paper clip end in the little hole below the tray and it pops open.  Here, there is no hole!!!

Thanks

ct512

try putting on tv setting and pushing the stop button to get disc out if u are still having this problem

dotdash

Re: NS-32LB451A11 - Insignia 32'' LCD TV/Blu-ray Combo Computer wifi hookup

Is there anyway to browse the web with your laptop using the built in wifi card?

Visitor
mdavem

I had the identical problem with the TV. My DVD got stuck in the player and the DVD player does not work at all. Insignia stated that the only thing I can do is take it a Best Buy store and have them diagnose. I am not happy that the DVD portion is not working at all. Guess what, this is the third replacement of the TV.