Visitor

NS-39D420NA18 Humming/Buzzing from speakers

I bought this television last week, and have been generally quite satisfied with it, though there is one issue that has been bothering me. I've noticed that there is a humming/buzzing noise that is coming from the speakers. It seems to get more intense depending on the brightness of the picture being displayed. 

What's strange is that the noise will stop when the television is muted, and it doesn't scale with the volume. When the TV is turned up louder (say, volume level 15 or so), the sound doesn't become noticiable. However, as we do listen with the volume down later in the evening and such, it is definitely noticible in the background.

I've noticed it with both our Bell TV reciever in HDMI 1, and the Chromecast in HDMI 2.

I'll do some more checking on my end in the meantime, but any insights would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Insignia Support

Re: NS-39D420NA18 Humming/Buzzing from speakers

Hello TheSupernova,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

Given what you've described, it sounds like your TV may be suffering from external interference. This can be caused when you bundle device cables together or position your home theater components in too close of proximity to the TV.

If this scenario is unlikely considering the home theater setup in your home, I would recommend returning the TV to the retailer for an exchange.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support